4 Reasons for Nascar's Big Skid

rebelracewriter

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-07-28/4-reasons-for-nascar-s-big-skid

The most interesting part of the article, to me, was "empty Indy" only having 35,000 fans, while Eldora, on a week night no less, was packed. Eldora holds 30,000 people.

Then look at the chain of command. Talk about an interesting business model......Sheesh!

The other things I'll agree are part of the cumulative problem, but neither standing alone is.

It was humorous that the Jimmie Johnson poll was answered as the Cowboys ex-head coach, Jimmy Johnson......LMAO

Are you surprised anyone ...this has been spoken about for how many years on here how nascar is dieing ..and they did not listen to all the smart people here in texas me included have talked loud and clear and they knew better than us fans ..they ran off the old hard core fans like us the ones who grew with nascar from way back the ones who still would have showed up to a race ..I dreamed of a day when I could go to a nascar race and texas came along and went for the first five seasons and lost interest after that when c.o.t .some on here love the formats they race on now and looks sorta funny when you look back at all the arguments of well you guys love living in the past [you know old news \ . many of us have seen the writing on the wall for many years now and old nascar fans were right ..

They burst your balloon, and take away your moon, the party is over....his last view on "the love affair with the automobile is dead" is wrong and comes from a leftist progressive way of thinking. There has never ever been a bigger race on the streets as there is today. When the new Mustang arrives with its 900 horsepower, and lines up against the Demon on main street it will shake the world. U-tube todays muscle car madness. It has never been stronger.

Get back to the stock car roots.

Put cages in the Camaro, Challenger, and Mustangs...and drop the green flag...if some Smokey Yunik character comes up with a trick, don't ban it, publish it for all to use. Build short tracks in the infield of all the 1.5 mile tracks and let the racers use the old track surface as their pit areas instead.

Of the 4 reasons #'s 1 and 3 I think are the main ones. Eldora again shows where the fan interest is , short track dirt racing. How about this for out of the box . The Monster season becomes three in one. 1/2 asphalt racing and 1/2 dirt racing. Split the dirt portion as 1/2 USMTS type Modified (or IMCA)cars and 1/2 Late Models. The asphalt format stays as is and the dirt format as it is with most series, qualifying heats C, B and A-Mains. I think sponsors would line up to be a part of "NASCAR on Dirt" and the Champion at the end of the year will truly be the best of the best. Maybe the $$$ saved by not having to build a seasons worth of Cup cars could help fund the dirt cars. Plus it would be a lot more fun for the drivers.

The "fewer people love cars" thing is a complete load of bull----. Performance shops are popping up all over town, TV is sick with highly popular car shows, drag strips all over the country are filling to capacity on no-prep and 10.5 nights and beyond the fact that V6 Pony Cars now are faster than the fastest Detroit offered in the 60s-70s Detroit is in a full-on Muscle Car war right now. Save for the issues certain types of racing are seeing right now is arguably the best time ever to be a car guy.

Definitive; couldn't agree with you anymore! NASCAR is local-folks made good driving

It was VERY interesting to hear Kyle Petty in the pre-race say...."This is one of the reasons NA$CAR is dying".....Granted he wasn't referring to anything about the article, but the perception from loyal fans on where NA$CAR is headed in regards it to it being a company, and not a sport any longer......Guess we'll see how long KP keeps his job @ NBC.

As far as we(car buyers) losing interest in cars is semi-correct.....I see more SUV's, crossovers and trucks around here(granted I live in Kerrpatch).....Yes, there's still a select group of us that still drool over our muscle cars, but as a whole I see the trend swinging away from them.

Now NASCAR is losing Target as a sponsor. They are leaving Chip Ganassi and going to Soccer is what the article said that I read. Look at the season Kyle Larson is having and they are losing sponsors. But according to the article I read everything is ok because forbes companies sponsoring in NASCAR is up 30%.

I have been a Nascar fan for 25 years, I have been hearing the same thing since day one. The guys with the money always win, the always have and always will. Occasionally, the little guy wins a few, but the Big Elephants beat them down. Tobacco and beer was Nascar, but that has changed too. Things cycle and Nascar is not immune to that. The racing this year with the stages is awesome. As far as Target, the had a good run, now someone else gets a chance to build brand awareness with Kyle Larson. What a great opportunity opening up on a quality ride.

Archived