Cubby's USMTS Pole Dash highlights Friday night of Silver Dollar N

Cubby's USMTS Pole Dash highlights Friday night of Silver Dollar Nationals

GREENWOOD, Neb. (July 5) -- The Friday night portion of the 7th Annual Silver Dollar Nationals at the I-80 Speedway will finish off with the $1,000-to-win, winner-take-all 10-lap Cubby's Pole Dash for the Casey's USMTS National Tour powered by S&S Fishing & Rental.

The event is set for Friday and Saturday, July 21-22.

The top 12 in passing points from the double qualifying heats for the USMTS will advance to the Cubby's Pole Dash. The top four in passing points will be inverted with the remaining eight drivers starting heads-up. How they finish the dash is how they will start the feature on Saturday night.

Prior to the Cubby's Pole Dash, both the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series and the USMTS will run double qualifying heat races which will qualify cars into Saturday night's giant features. Saturday's USMTS featuring pays $10,000 to win and $600 to start while the Lucas Oil Super Late Model feature pays a whopping $53,000 to win and $1,700 to start.

All 12 of the USMTS competitors in the Cubby's Pole Dash will also receive a $100 gift card from Cubby's convenience store, conveniently located just across the highway from the track.

On Saturday night, USMTS Modifieds will be running "B" features to fill out the starting field for the 40-lap, $10,000-to-win main event that will start three-wide.

The deadline to purchase advance discount tickets for this marquee event is quickly approaching. Advance discount tickets are on sale now through July 9. For more information, or to purchase tickets, visit https://goo.gl/Vmhw1e and select the Silver Dollar Nationals event or call (402) 342-3453 to order by phone.

This year's event will get underway on Thursday, July 20, with an open practice. Thursday night's action also includes a complete program for the SLMR Late Models, 360 Sprints and B-Mods.

Friday night's preliminary action is highlighted by two rounds of heat races for both divisions. Passing points from each round will determine the line-ups for Saturday night's events. The USMTS will cap off the night's racing action with the Cubby's Pole Dash.

On Saturday night, "B" mains for the LOLMDS/Lucas Oil MLRA will be held, plus the $3,000-to-win Belt Bash non-qualifiers race. The top-3 finishers of the Belt Bash have the choice of keeping their $3,000 winnings, or forfeiting their earnings to start in the main event. The USMTS will chase a $10,000 top prize in the 40-lap main event before the 80-lap, Silver Dollar Nationals finale takes center stage.

Since 2013, Rodney Sanders has won seven of the last eight USMTS main events at the I-80 Speedway with Jason Hughes taking the 2013 'Hunt' race here. Other former winners include Tommy Myer, Kelly Shryock, Jeremy Payne and Terry Phillips.

It is customary for I-80 Speedway to provide some of the most thrilling, door-to-door racing action, lap after lap, making it a race fan's vacation destination year after year. The 4/10-mile, high-banked clay oval is located at 13909 238th St., Greenwood, NE 68366-just a short drive from Omaha or Lincoln.

The I-80 Speedway is located one block north of I-80 at exit 420, halfway between Omaha and Lincoln. For more information, visit www.i-80speedway.com or call (402)-342-3453.

Special thanks goes out to Imperial Tile, Al Belt Custom Homes, Malvern Bank, Strobel Manufacturing, Moock Trucking and Wojo Painting for helping to make the 7th Annual Silver Dollar Nationals a must-see event.

To learn more about the United States Modified Touring Series, visit www.usmts.com online or call 515-832-7944. You can also like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/usmts, follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/usmts and Instagram at www.instagram.com/usmts or subscribe to our YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/usmtstv. Keep up to speed with everything USMTS by joining our email list at www.usmts.com/subscribe.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Archived