Street Stock - Hobby Stock feature night?

KahneFan

To the SS/HS drivers @ THR, what would you think of a Street Stock/Hobby Stock feature night where you could run 75/100/125 laps?

Personally, as a fan, I would LOVE to see a SS/HS feature night. Maybe one of the nights when none of the traveling classes are at the track, give the SS's a 100/125 laps and the HS's a 50/75 lap race?

The only thing is, I don't know if y'all could afford a long feature like this (tires/gas), but I sure as heck would love to see it.

On the surface, it might appear to be a cool idea, but from an equipment standpoint, I think 75 laps would be about the max these types of cars should run. Anything over that would likely require a fuel stop at a minimum. In addition, your typical SS and HS car just isn't built to run that many laps. There are probably an exception or two to that in each class, but many of them would likely see a host of problems if you tried to run a 100 lap or more race. I think your attrition would be pretty bad.

Our 30 lap features are a pretty good lap count for the SS cars, but an occasional 50 lap race might be cool - especially if the track would let us qualify!

Hey that sounds like alot of fun. Houston has an awsome facility and a great track. As for 75 laps I think that the cars could handle that with no problem. It's actually harder on the drivers becuse of the heat that gets gets generated inside of these stock type cars. If Fuel is a problem have a mandatory caution. If a race like this were to take place, I would definatly be there.

I think it'd be a good idea, and ss99 has a good point, but i think even an extended race is a good idea. Maybe on one night or two that the touring series wasnt there, it would kinda be weird not having anything "special" going on on those nights.

-Shawn

Archived