Brandon Bendele Announces Plans for NASCAR Top 3

For Immediate Release

San Antonio Speedway Public Relations

BRANDON BENDELE ANNOUNCES PLANS

TO RACE IN NASCAR TOP 3 SERIES

San Antonio, TX (April 20, 2005) – At a press conference held at the Firehouse Pub & Grill last night, Brandon Bendele announced his plans to team up with MIGHTY Motorsports to race in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series race on April 30 at Gateway International Raceway.

Texas Super Late Model driver Brandon Bendele will be making his NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series debut in the #24 MIGHTY Motorsports Chevrolet at Gateway International Raceway in Madison, IL on Saturday, April 30, at 7:00 p.m.

Bendele has won several track championships in the NASCAR Late Model Division at San Antonio Speedway (SAS), which is one of the two NASCAR-sanctioned tracks in the state of Texas. He has also won two NASCAR Sunbelt regional titles, along with a championship in the United States Racing Association (USRA) Super Late Model Series.

Local television reporters interviewed Bendele, and he shared his thoughts about the upcoming race. “I’m really pumped up about this awesome opportunity for someone from San Antonio to come up through the ranks of NASCAR,” stated Bendele. He continued, “This is the ‘big time’ and I’m going to give it my best shot.”

Following the interviews, media representatives viewed video segments from Bendele’s recent USRA victory at San Antonio Speedway on April 2. Bendele signed autographs for several of his fans and expressed his appreciation. “My heart belongs to San Antonio, and it’s great to have so many people supporting me, especially with this new challenge,” said Bendele.

Kevin Suberg, a 10-year-old terminal cancer patient and avid young racing fan, presented Bendele a “lucky penny” to take along with him for the race. Suberg has become an important member of the SAS and USRA racing families, and he’s a regular fan on Saturday nights.

The MISSOURI-ILLINOIS DODGE DEALERS RAM TOUGH 200 is scheduled for April 30th at 7:00pm ET. The race will be televised live on Speed TV and broadcasts live on MRN radio. Near live updates can be seen at Truck Series.

For Bendele’s personal website: Brandon Bendele

For information on team sponsorship: Mighty Motorsports

For current information on the Craftsman Truck Series: Truck Series

For current information on USRA: USRA

For current information on SAS: SAS

Archived