Anyone in the Parade?

HORSEPOWER

Will anyone be showcasing their race track in the parade or something related with local racing. Don't know what the cost is, but can it be tax deductible? Imagine a float with a race car on it with some trophy girls, a flagman, a race car driver, along with the tracks name or just driving it and reving the motor. This can really help get the word out that their is local racing here, there will be alot of people.

At Paul Lozano's suggestion, I actually talked with the SA Fiesta Commission a few months ago about participating in this year's parades. To say they are picky about their entries is putting it mildly. I told them we wanted to include the SAS pace truck towing a decorated trailer with an actual race car. They replied, "absolutely not allowed!" They said we would need some type of float that is driven by one of those concealed vehicles they use. As you probably know, they do have buggies, etc., that are pulled by horses, but I guess horses are a different matter.

Anyway, I'm not saying we can't do it, but it would probably take a lot of planning and money to enter any of the local Fiesta parades.

We tried!

Forget the parade...save your bucks for the races. B)

Actually, the Fiesta parades are an excellent way to promote stock car racing.

The return on investment would be large due to the large number of spectators and the relatively large TV audience. The TV commentators read the "blurb" about the float or band or whatever.

Nick Holt

lol Sorry Nick,I was hoping people knew my comment was tongue and cheek.I feel the race tracks should look ahead a little.They should try to take advantage of things like the parades,festivals,rodeo...

BTW...I was one of the founders of FASCAR and all that was on our minds for a long time was,how we could make things like that happen,in order to promote racing.

I see Debbie ran into some of the things we were up against.With a little planning,it can be overcome.

I actually have some small hope that I may have a car ready by the 4th of July for the schertz parade. I'm hoping. It has turned into a pretty big parade around here. Last year it was over a mile long and the floats numbered well over a hundred, maybe 200. I will be in the parade already for another reason. and I'm hoping my car will too. I know a lot of people around here who would like to have something like the various series represented. Last year I know that Mel Krauss and Tom Harwell were in. I would love to see a representative car from each series, from kyle, SAS, and even corpus show up. Out here in the Cibolo Schertz area we are equi-distant from Kyle and SAS, and I know a lot of folks from around here go to corpus for the weekend, why not try to target some of the tourist crowd. If there is any interest contact me or maybe Mel Krauss if you know him.

Make sure you get in contact with Cindy Oates about it. Im sure she can get the trucks in it and maybe some others. Thats what I did for the Cornyval. Get her as much info as you can. She has a LOT of things going on and it would be great for her to have info and contacts. Anyone else that knows of any parades please do the same. Ill even get the info and contacts for you to give her. Just let me know of any parades you may know about.

Archived