8-Leo Lopez

18-Billy Walker

21-A.J. Solis

Thunder Cars:

17-Jon Howerton

89-Charlie Martinez

99-Melanie Brandt

97-Bryan Huston

19-Patrick Braaten (first time racing a thunder, at 12 yeers old. And he is my oldest son, sorry have to get personal sometimes)

Hobby Stock:

1-Jim Heatherly

19-Alan Sweetin

72-Ron Hall

98-Jamie Weatherford

69-Roy Long

4-Tim Heatherly

25-Ricky Long

Street Stock:

24-Chastity Pena

18-Alan Sweetin

01-Bud Brandt

17-Rodney Norton

77-David Michael Saenz

Limited Modified:

29-Luke Vigneault

07-Adam Schach

00-Rodney "Cool Rod" Norton

13-Glen Johnson Sr.

66-Chris Brandt

26-Mitchell Johnson

37-Brian Nunn

93-Travis Brandt

57-Jensen Pray

Modifieds:

1-James Schach

09-Brandon Blaylock

50-Barney Solis

98-T.J. Huston

17-Adan Arrambula

07-Adam Schach

128-James Mikulencak

91-Bobby Maupin

K9-Ed Cox

2-Robert Boyd

I mentioned in the post that my 12 year old son ran his first race in a thunder car. I couldn’t have been more pleased. He made the whole race, never changed his line, ran smooth and I’m sure will pick up speed soon. This was only the second time he had ever driven the car at all, and the first time with any other cars on the track.

Another new comer was David Michael Saenz. I’m not sure on his age, but probably 15 or 16. He had troubles in the main, the engine died on the front straight, he pulled into the infield and was unable to refire the engine.

In the limited feature, 00-Rodney Norton and 57-Jensen Pray made heavy contact on the front straight, putting Pray into the wall, but he saved it and continued on. With 5 or 6 laps to go, the engine let go and he was forced to watch the end of the feature with me in the infield. The 37 of Leroy Greek actually finished in the top 4, but was DQ’d for moved rear trailing arms.

I think that the Modified feature went green to checker with no cautions. The 98 of TJ Huston got really crossed up in turn 1 on lap 1, but all cars were able to scatter on continue on.

As they said on who?won, it was pretty much a one lane track, but with the good line being the top of the track. The best races of the night were between 29 and 07 in the limited race, swapping spots multiple times per lap for nearly the whole race and also with the 1 and 9 in the modified feature.

Please make a note that the pay is guaranteed for limiteds and modifieds, we really need to get more support from the CC and San Antonio guys to keep the pay up. Also, I just noticed that long time modified racer Johnny Johnson has been named the new track manager and Carl says that he will be just a spectator. I think that this is a move in the right direction, the whole year is starting good. The top cars are getting teched nightly, with a couple of the “favorites” already being DQ’ed. I don’t think that anyone can say that we are playing favorites.

Mike Braaten

Sales Manager

Pueblo Tires and Service

956-682-7800 office

956-682-6859 fax

Archived