"the scoop on the THR Grand National race" by TQ

Bandit

Just read the release by TQ. I have not talked to Tavo in a couple of days, but TQ's release sounds accurate. I know Tavo and Brian have a good working relationship and this is probably a major reason it will be at THR.

RaceDog-

Nope, TQ is not part of this, though I am planning to submit my resume to the promoting group.

Yes, Tavo raced a modified here a few times in the late '90s when it looked like he was going to be part of the Tyler Jet Motorsports team, but most of his late model and modified racing was done in the Carolinas.

Guest RaceDog

i do not believe you gq

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

what i dont get is what is the point of having this race at thr the fast cars there already do not have very good racing a heavy fast car will be even worse now a hooters race at sas would be good time to put a layer of dirt on thr

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

RaceDog-

It's kind of irrelevant what you believe. As for the point of having the race at THR, I said, and Verlatti confirmed, that Tavo has been trying to get a race like this at THR for two years. SAS was never considered.

Want to see some good racing? Come watch the street stocks at THR.

Guest RaceDog

it is irrelevant that you say come watch the street stocks at THR when we are talking about a real race car with real power

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Timing them during practice, SS's are only a second or two slower than LM's @ THR.

Last season Terry loaned a SS to a LM driver who was short their car (for whatever reason), Terry's SS was almost keeping up with the LM's.

And, as a fan, I can tell all the naysayers(sp?) out there that THR is definitely NOT a one grove track. I've seen many driverse state that, but being in the stands and just watching y'all, I can tell you that the DRIVERS may be 'one grove', but once you get that out of your head, I've seen MANY drivers who have started finding the second (sometimes third) grove. As long as drivers don't block each other, there can be some GREAT racing @ THR. Especially with that widened back stretch!

Practice makes all the difference in the world. I was able to make all three weekends of practice this year and yet I only saw 10 or 12 different drivers out there. And people wonder why those drivers win...

Guest RaceDog

slm races r terrible there anything faster than a street stock makes it a 1 lane track winston west race will be no different a snoooooooozzzzzzzerrrrrrrrrrr

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Archived