Texas Speedzone Public Service Announcement

BobbyChaffee

Drove straight in sat- stayed with some friends sat nite--walked right in to the hospitality tent sunday morining, ate-listen to gordon and justin labonte-went to seats--left on lap 200-drove straight out-sweet! listened to the rest of the race on xm-no problen here!

think of the being the last car in that long,long line-with kids-"are we there yet daddy-i want to see the racecars daddy"-"i got to got potty daddy"-"why aren't we moving daddy"-lol

Or with wife - "I TOLD YOU WE SHOULD HAVE LEFT EARLY"

"I TOLD YOU WE SHOULD HAVE GONE THE OTHER DIRECTION LIKE THE PAPER SAID"

"WHY DON'T WE STOP AND ASK DIRECTIONS"

"TAKE THAT EXIT, IT LOOKS FASTER"

PS - I couldn't believe Bobby posted that picture. I only warned him about 10 times and told them to leave the hotel at 7:am. Kids never listen!

first time to go to TMS and i definately saw that traffic.drove 40 miles into oklahoma looking for a hotel room sat. night,ended up throwing in the towel at 1:30 am and heading back for the rest stop on the state line.slept there. left at 6:30 for the track,got stuck in traffic after getting corralled through the beautiful town of justin for a little over 4 hours.that was quite possibly the worst traffic standstill i have ever experienced. had a lot of good laughs watching people run for this port o john that appeared on the side of the road like an oasis in the desert,at one point watching this poor fellow jogging furiously toward the john with this 10 year old kid trying to beat him while the theme from the good the bad and the ugly played through the radio. after sitting in traffic for 4 hours we finally get to the speedway only to see the line of cars behind us disappear.the tail end of the longest line and we were maybe 20 cars from the end. it would have made me feel better to at least see the line continue for an hour or two.by this time the race had been happening for about a half an hour or so, we get parked and start walking up and at one point look back to see not another soul behind us. out of 211'000 people it looked like we were the last 2 in. walked up to get a look at the track and it was the coolest thing i have ever seen.goosebumps all over. it looked like a gigantic slot car track but with all the noise and smell and soooo many people. so many jr. fans,ha. very cool. learned some things to do different next time and will definately be going back.

PS - I couldn't believe Bobby posted that picture. I only warned him about 10 times and told them to leave the hotel at 7:am. Kids never listen!

LL,

Ric and I told them on Friday to be at the track no later than 7:30..

When we left for the track at 7, we knew it'd take at least an hour to get through traffic right outside the track..

But they did make it in, and made it on the show.. :D

Well my first experience from TMS was a good one. Well besides the leaving from Cedar park at 4 in the morning (cause i only got like 3 hours of sleep friday night) but the good part was that when we got there saturday morning we drove right in and got a parking spot. Listening to Truex on the radio saturday talk about being thirsty was pretty funny. Saturday night was probably the best partying I've done in about two years. Thanks to Mark Ivicic and Lyndon for letting us crash at there camp site instead of trying to drive to dallas where the free hotel rooms were at. Sunday was good but not as good as I hoped it would be. All and all it was a fun time.

Josh, You and Gunnar are welcome. What did you do to Lyndon after I went to bed at ? He sure felt bad the whole day, even tried to sleep during the race. It was another great year. Woke up this morning and loaded up the camper and drove home, no traffic. We sat and watched cars file out of the track for 2 1/2 hours, saw a few bare chested women too. Camping TMS style, IT DON'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS!!!! :D

think of the being the last car in that long,long line-with kids-"are we there yet daddy-i want to see the racecars daddy"-"i got to got potty daddy"-"why aren't we moving daddy"-lol

Or with wife - "I TOLD YOU WE SHOULD HAVE LEFT EARLY"

"I TOLD YOU WE SHOULD HAVE GONE THE OTHER DIRECTION LIKE THE PAPER SAID"

"WHY DON'T WE STOP AND ASK DIRECTIONS"

"TAKE THAT EXIT, IT LOOKS FASTER"

It is funny that you should say that. That's kind of what it sounded like ridding in the car with Jason and Marc… Except for the whole asking for directions.

We were told two things through out the weekend. Leave early and don’t take 114. Marc said it best. “We might have got away with one - but not both.”

In the end we did make it to the track in time for Chuck’s show and the start of the race.

All in all it wasn’t too bad of a weekend despite some early issues. We hope that all of our loyal speedzone followers liked the coverage that we provided.

I hate to see that this is still really an issue; with the second race date not a guaranteed deal every year, sellouts are a must. I had absolutely no problem arriving nor leaving. Stayed at a hotel approx 20 miles away. Left for the track at 7:45, and was in my seat at 10:30. Also, jolted to the car as checkered waived, and was back home in Southeast San Antonio by 9:30. God's honest truth. The key is having VIP/PSL parking, and parking near the exit right outside the gate closest to your seat. I understand everyone can't afford season tickets/PSL's. But being able to park in the PSL lot is the only way to go. If there's any way to get the season tickets, I really recommend it. You can always sell what you don't use, and 9 times out of 10, you can get all your money if you do it on Ebay early enough. (Selling at the track or anywhere else gets you nothing).

We always stay down town Ft. Worth(Sun Dance Square area). You take business 287 to hwy 287 northwest. Go about 10 miles to hwy 114 take a right and you'll come in the back side of the track 20-30min. Left the Hotel around 9am stopped to get ice and was inside the track by 10am.

Archived