Boerne's Knudtson Third in Sportsman

Release: April 13, 2005

Boerne's Knudtson Third in SAS Sportsman Race in Viking Racing Camaro After Contact on First Lap

San Antonio – Viking Racing's Eric Knudtson of Boerne, Texas, finished third in the first Sportsman Class points race of the 2005 season at San Antonio Speedway (SAS) Saturday night, coming home behind Greg Rohmer and Tator Mason despite getting hit from behind before the first lap could be completed and damage to his Viking Racing Chevrolet Camaro.

"The car was better than last week after the hit, but I still burned up the right front tire," Knudtson said Sunday. "I'd won the heat race with no problem and started the feature on the outside front row. Then after I got spun out and we went to the full restart, I couldn't stay with Rohmer. The three of us including Mason pulled away from the field, but I couldn't do anything about those two guys."

Knudtson will have two weeks to fix Saturday's damage and find out why the Viking Racing entry wasn't handling well in the non-points race on April 2. He had missed the stagger on the right rear tire, but though that was fixed, the car still had a push.

"I think I can challenge for the title and win it this year, after coming so close in 2004," Knudtson says. (He was second to Justin Oates by only 24 points. Oates has moved to the late model class for 2005.)

San Antonio Speedway will take this weekend off, along with many of the short tracks in Texas, so fans and drivers can attend the NASCAR race at Texas Motor Speedway, the only other NASCAR sanctioned track in Texas aside from SAS.

###

T. Q. Jones P. O. Box 91346 Austin, TX 78709-1346

PH: (512) 261-5236 Email: tqj@mindspring.com

Archived