Any new info?

I have what I think will be a pretty good design.

- 3/8-mile at the center, slightly less on the inside, slightly more on the very outside.

- turns and straights 60 feet wide.

- concrete rumble strips all the way through the bottom of both turns

- straights slightly lower in elevation than the turns so it's a slight uphill entry to the turns

- graduated banking in the turns from 5 degrees at the bottom to +/- 14 degrees near the top. That makes the surface slightly concave and makes all portions of the track more or less equal in terms of banking verses distance around

- both straights have graduated banking from three degrees to five degrees and gently transition to the appropriate corner banking on both ends

- exits to two and four are slightly different from each other: turn two has a gentle transition to the straight while the exit to turn four is more abrupt. This puts the team's suspension tuner to work.

- no walls all the war around. A 30-foot paved slope of negative 15 degrees encircles the entire track. On the front straight there will be a SAFER Barrier wall from 50-feet before the apex of turn four all the way down the front straight along with an industrial-grade catch fence.

- pits will be located outside the track with track entry on the back side just before the banking transition of turn three.

The rest is simply a matter of logistics and the surrounding topography,

who the heck wants nascar style ...we want local style ... nascar is on its way out ..

I just want a 3/8-mile asphalt oval in the Austin-San Antonio vicinity. If anyone with enough resources would like to discuss such a track, give me shout!

Nick

when I win the lotto .give me a call .sorry it might be a cold day in somewhere before that happens ....I too would love another great track built and done in such a way no other track can touch it and ran In a manner that racers and fans alike cant wait for the next race ..I am in the belief nothing is dead till you give up.

Just call it a safer barrier, that way you won't have to use the N word lol

Good thinking, sliedways27. I edited it to read "SAFER Barrier" and "industrial-grade" catch fence.

Are we all good now? LOL

Nick

Archived