Pete Peterman, Cuddihy and CC Speedway

ronster63

​I wanted to post a few pictures of some racing memories of my Dad and my Mom from CC Speedway. I've read through many of the stories here in the forums and remember being there on almost all those occasions that occurred at CC Speedway and Cuddihy Raceway during the early to mid 70's. My dad Pete, and my mom Brenda also raced on the Drag strip there at Cuddihy.

post-16956-0-63105700-1487729892_thumb.jpg

post-16956-0-01266200-1487729893_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-40052600-1487734835_thumb.jpg

wow talk about memory lane . so many great drivers who left their mark and some of their kids then are still racing .they were the drivers I love to watch and prayed that someday I could race a car and years later I joined racing full time after the oil field died it was those drivers who inspired me . In 71 and 72 I worked the pit gate with melton gater .stapling pit passes on everyone who came in and I do remember your dad and was a fan of his if I remember right he use to pit on the other side of jarret and dubs in turn one ..back in those days it was fight night and a race would break out every once in a while .lol .. if you remember after the feature race the cars were left out on the track and everyone would come down from the stands and get sticky fingers from hot tires ..funny how I was always burning my hand .stupid I guess ..

look at the payouts then compared to now / not much has changed in that area ..

Thank you for the trip down memory lane. Like hitech said seeing those names really had an impact. I remember the 06 because it was so nice looking that turquoise blue.And a very nice person.I especially love the pictures of the new build.All done in the driveway in the front yard in all hours of the day and night.With very little neighbors complaining (except for late night engine starting) You could barely get a new car in the driveway nowadays without complaints or code enforcement! Thanks so much for sharing as it brought a tear to my eye.

Thanks a heap for all the old photos and articles. I really enjoyed them. I see on the car it says "Bluff Stuff". What exactly was Bluff Stuff or what did it mean? I have lived in the bluff for over 42 years now since I first got stationed here in the Navy. I do not recall a Bluff Stuff.

My dad operated a garage on SPID, it was located right beside Morrow Auto Parts and it was called Bluff Stuff Garage. Hang on, I'll go take a picture of the car magnets that my dad had made and put on the side of the tow truck, which was named "Trucky-pooh" lol

Just keep it coming .we will never get enough ..I wished I could have gotten ahold of all the pics frank hole took over those years he showed me a ton of em and would take days to look at all of em .even had me in a few one he showed me I had long hair cowboy hat a shirt with flowers on the shoulders remember those days was piece love and flower power I was talking to terry ..

You guys are welcome. I will try to take some more pictures of ALL the new paper clippings and each page of the racing program. Trust me, there's some really cool memories to look forward to. I have plenty of clippings from the newspapers that are dated by hand on that particular date. I'm just not real sure if this is the correct "topic" location to post these pictures or not, maybe Nick Holt or someone in the administration here can refer me to the proper place to post these pictures that will be on the way soon. Thanks guys for all the positive feedback and I'm looking forward to sharing more. I also have plenty of stories that I lived through, saw with my own eyes and remember that I feel are worth sharing from a historical standpoint.

• 2 months later...

go back look at the purses ..not much has changed and some classes don't even get that much now ..145.00 feature win fed my family of 8 for two weeks ..I could go out eat and by gas for my car for nearly a month . worked for a $1.00 an hour back then and would take me all month to earn that much ..now it cost most that much just to pay pit passes food and fuel ...you don't get spit for a heat race but 10 laps on tires and wear and tear ..one thing has changed it cost a ton more .a dollar wont get anywhere near what it got you then ...I could go to the movies eat and watch three movies ...

Archived