whats the middle finger worth?

ProTree

according to nascar when shane hmiel showed dale jarrett monday during the busch race after hmiel crashed jarrett with about 3 laps to go that jarrett was still #1 with his middle finger on tv when the incar camera was on,it was worth $10,000 and 25 points- :P

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
according to nascar when shane hmiel showed dale jarrett monday during the busch race after hmiel crashed jarrett with about 3 laps to go that jarrett was still #1 with his middle finger on tv when the incar camera was on,it was worth $10,000 and 25 points- :P

I thought, after JR, they were supposed to have a 5 second delay. If they don't, that's FOX's problem and they shouldn't fine drivers for being "human" and doing "what comes natural".

Nascar needs to lighten up on this penalizing drivers points for things like what Shane did , he was in the confines of his car and not out in the public , if the incar camera caught it and FX televised it , thats their problem. Nascar is way out of line on this one and should re evaluate its penalities on these things , taking away points is wrong no matter how you look at it , you want to fine them , thats ok , but dont take away points .

if there was a delay,the delay guy must of been on a potty break-i watched the race and even i said to myself-damn he just flipped him the finger-they ask hmiel what jarrett said when he stuck his head inside his car and he said jarrett told him he would get him back for what he did-and hmiel said he told jarrett he better hurry up cause he aint got much time left racing-think hmiel was saying jarrett was getting old and washed up-even the announcers said before the end of the race that hmiel has hit everything in sight trying to get to the front these last 20 laps and that was before he took out jarrett

I like NASCAR's reason. Shane is a professional driver and he needs to act like one. The fine fits. They should drug test the punk again.

Yeah, but when you're in an intense sport such as racing, things happen and the broadcasters have to know that. If there were in-helmet cams/mics in football, most NFL players wouldn't see their paychecks cause' they'd be going to pay their fines. Do NFL/NBA coaches get fined when the camera hits em' and you can CLEARLY see what they're saying? Nope.

This is NASCAR. Those other sports you mention have players constantly being arrested and we hear about it on the news all the freakin time. NASCAR will not tolerate that crap so we can't compare NASCAR to those other sports. There is a reason they call it a family sport.

This is NASCAR. Those other sports you mention have players constantly being arrested and we hear about it on the news all the freakin time. NASCAR will not tolerate that crap so we can't compare NASCAR to those other sports. There is a reason they call it a family sport.

But a middle finger out a car window? That's nothing my daughter doesn't see driving down the road. It's not like they saw him in there snorting a line or anything. He was ticked off (for whatever reason) and did something we all do without thinking twice. What JR did was a little uncalled for, could've been avoided easily, but this sounds like a "heat of the moment" type of deal. Did he know the camera was on in his car? Probably not. Did Jr know the camera was on him... umm... yeah. I wouldn't want an in-car if I was a driver after this.

And the other sports I mentioned are still pro-sports and they're still considered "family" sports. Don't you remember the whole JJ thing and her getting in trouble for flashing her upper regions during a "Family Event"?

There are 10x as many NFL/NBA player as there are NASCAR drivers. Yeah, some will get in trouble, but generally speaking, most NFL/NBA players aren't as bad as you think. You hear about 1, 2, 3(?) a year doing something. What about the other however many hundred players who are upstanding and actually do good things. So, I would say it's fair to compare.

didn't Big Earnhardt (#3) flip some guy off one time and TV thought it was a sign of his intensity ? (and the announcers loved it)

The last time he did it was in the 2001 Daytona 500 to Tony Stewart...I thought of that too, but there was a good reason he didn't get fined.

PS - I seem to recall over the last year or so Jimmy Spencer and Brian Vickers ending up on the police blotter. Not to mention the failed drug test by Hmiel.

And then there is that deal about Jeff Gordon paying Brooke all that money to cover up the fact he's gay (j/k). I hope all the JG fan's don't flip me off. Nick will have to start handing out fines!

Don't you remember the whole JJ thing and her getting in trouble for flashing her upper regions during a "Family Event"?

had me thinking there for a moment when you said jj flashing her upper regions........i thought you was talking about jimmie johnson flashing her upper regions, i was going to say i dont remember that but it might have happened...............tehehe

And then there is that deal about Jeff Gordon paying Brooke all that money to cover up the fact he's gay (j/k)

now thats funny right there, i dont care who you are............

nba-the riot in the stands earlier this year-that was pretty-that cost players millions in salary without the lawsuits yet to come-players in the stands grabbing fans by the throat and swinging haymakers-make 20+ million a yr leaving babies coast to coast-guess thats why they make so much to pay for all their kids and their babies mamas and keep their wives and exwives happy too-colby a good example(pay em off)-magic paying rest of his life with aids-the list of the nba babys daddys is a mile long-i think 'wilt the stilt" is remembered more for his bed count than scoring a 100 points in a game and kahnefan,hmiel didnt actually flip the middle finger out the window-the camera was on in the car on the right side pointing towards the driver and as jarrett started to walk away he flipped him from inside the car-he got caught-i would appeal-say i jammed it when i hit him-cant bend it-lol

Right now,all of the major sports organizations are in a big race to see which one can be the "cleanest".NASCAR happens to be in the lead.I agree with Jason,and just hope NASCAR keeps a handle on things.That being said,I think they might be on the path to going too far on what they are penalizing.We do need some color and flare in the sport.Can you imagine trying to have a favorite robot racer to root for?

NASCAR...please don't make these guys afraid to attempt passes.

Attempting to pass...gives them a chance of messing up...gives them an excuse to argue...gives them flare...makes the sport more fun to watch.

I just hope they can remain professional and flamboyant at the same time. B)

you got that right Turbo, at least with NASCAR we don't have to worry about all the prima-donna's whining about me me me.

you look at all the "big three" contract disputes and hell, nhl thought they were the 4th major sport and they have had one hell of a season ???? !!!!!!

this hmiel-jarrett deal is minor in comparison to all of that.

Archived