RodneyRodriguez

RIP CTS. But now and then, on a dark and stormy night when thick clouds hide a full moon, may nearby residents swear they hear the roar of engines, the distant cheering of a crowd, and catch a faint whiff of exhaust fumes and smoking tires.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And when the lightning flashes, perhaps they will catch a glimpse of a phantom pace car. Past racers and crew now deceased will again walk through the pits, and when the storm has passed, a weathered checkered flag may be found where the start/finish line once was. Now let's move on.

• 2 weeks later...

It really makes me sad to watch Thunderhill get torn back down to nothing! Yes I said Thunderhill cause it will always be Thunderhill Raceway to me. My first job was at URACE driving school when I was 15. When the doors closed to URACE my boss Mike Knight gave me a 76 Cutlass street legal car, a new firesuit and a new helmet and wished me luck on building my first race car. With the help and advice of my dad and a few really great people like Robin Luthultz, John Benker, Ray Riley and a few others my first car was complete! Now I was 17 and on cloud 9 cause I had a race car! I had many GREAT years of racing there and met soo many awesome people that I am still friends with today. I only live a few miles away from the track and each time I drive by and see a piece gone it makes me tear up. To most of yall it was a place to race but to me it was the place that I first raced, first crashed and first won! I raced there from 2001 to 2013 minus 2 different years. I was there the first opening night and cheered on one of my favorite drivers to victory in the #58 camaro. I was even in the neat little video that was made about the race track back in 2002. Funny how fast time goes by. I am sorry to have bored yall with this post but this place really made me who I am today and gave this boy a place do live his dream of racing a car! I really appreciate you all and I am thankful to have met alot of you on here. I look forward to watching yall race at other tracks but Thunderhill Raceway will always be in my heart. Bless you all!

One the best boring stories I have read heck even topped some of my boring stories .matt5858 boring stories can show the love the joy and the hurt that only the teller can fill in his her own way the great thing is memories and as long as you can still remember that track will still be right there ..I bore the hell out of people a lot and that's ok I am just glad I lived it and remember it ....

Maybe they are just cleaning up for some new state of the art press boxes and suites....ha.

Thats optimism right there

You'll just get kicked out of there too. <_<

Thats what I get for following the rules. LOL

Archived