Need more horsepower

cooter48c

I have a 1999 Chevy 1-Ton with a 7.4 liter gas, been trying to find someone who can help me add horsepower/torque to this big block. Guess I am spoiled by all the diesel's with 400 plus horsepower. If anyone knows of a shop or company that still makes upgrades on older trucks like this please help. I know the best thing would be swap the motor for a diesel, 4wd comes into play ! A cummins is to long. But I am willing to look at a swap if someone has experience in that area. post-14491-0-45052400-1479824101_thumb.jpg

Thanks but I can run the truck in 4th gear, instead of 5th(overdrive) all that does is turn the motor around 3000 rpm truck has 4.10 rears now. 4.56 would help on low end, just needs more grunt on upper end

A cummins will fit I've personally swapped a cummins 12v into a 1998 single cab chevy contact or look up auto world cummins conversion they are really helpful.

Let me know if you decide to go diesel, I'll buy the 454, harness and computer from you should go right in my 90 model after a rebuild.

motor only has 87000 miles still runs fine. but when the truck weighs 12,800 lbs Well just needs a diesel

• 4 months later...

Archived