Super Street results

Truck99

Larry,

My wife was asking some of those same questions.

I have to say I sold that car to Mike and he probabbly drove it better than I would have.

There is always a reason though, not taking anything away from Mike's driving ability, because he can drive, but I think his crew chief had some to do with his success. The Shrimp maybe a better crew chief than driver, which wouldn't be hard.

I'll stick with Shrimp the driver...Crew Chiefs can't wear the shrimp boots...

Maybe that was yours to win???

I haven't won in the trucks YET, but I am sure my punk ass teammates Bryan and Colt would have won in my truck already! So I was only messing with ya, not bashing you!

It sure was an exciting race for me. It was unfortunate that Carlucci and Carter had problems. Kyle was on a rail. And I got into three a little hot on the first lap and made contact with Chuck Barber and cut his LF. That made me feel sick. Anyway, I would like to thank that Shrimper, Steve Grantz, Rick, Les and the rest of the RTR crew. I could not have done it without them. Look forward to next week.

Congrats Mike!

Definitely a "sit on the edge of your seat race!"

Steve,

You didn't happen to hide a shrimp boot somewhere in the car for luck, did you? :D

Rick

That's right. First one to the checkered flag wins, period. Good race Mike. Would have been a very interesting finish if 2nd gear wouldn't have let go. That Parader was on my A@$! By the way, got a lightened tranny for sale. 3 speed 1.89 2nd gear, but second gear is missing! You might be able to JB Weld the pieces back together after you pick them up from the bottom of the case!!!

What on earth happened to you CCMS Street Stock guys over the winter?...ya'll are usually the most ornery bunch of SOB's...and now just feel the love... :o

Hey! I haven't had to edit a single CC post in nearly a month - well, maybe two weeks - and you go and say something like that.

Nick Holt

Kyle did not give Greg a luche ,he just bumped him. A luching is a version of the bump and run.Just alittle more spinning invloved.Kyle has a fast A$$ car and was giving Greg a few good shots.It's not good to see the top two cars break unless, your Mike Riley.A win is a win is a win.

Lets put on street tires and go racing.

Just got the word on my motor from Danny Webb at Mission Motors out of San Antonio. The crank busted between the first journal and the timing chain gear and bent some valves. Very little damage done. One of Danny's assumptions is that the fluid dampner that I was running is too heavy about 14 lbs. He suggested that I run a "4 lb" dampner for less strain and rotation weight on the crank itself. I have blown three motors since I purchased that particular dampner. Just thought I would pass this on and help the next racer out on a little helpfull information and hope that this doesn't happen to anyone else. This is why I would recommend Danny and his gang at Mission Auto Parts.

I talked to Scat last year when we were running one of their cranks and they don't recommend running a fluid type dampner on any of the cranks they make or sell. I was told to get a light weight solid dampner instead.But it's good to know a machine shop agrees that a lighter one is better.I know of a motor from Mission that has a tiny balancer on it. I may have to go to Mission and get something fixed. I will never use the Shop we have used last year.All we have seen from him is a butt load of blown motors. Mine only had about maybe 100 laps total.

good job guys, great job mike it was a good race to watch,lots of twist. scat wouldnt want you to run fluid dampner.what i heard and read thats where the scats have been breaking. the brant,crank i bought came with the big block damner.its all about the steel they use. four the money i would run the dragon slayer.

John, I have not had a problem with the Scat cranks breaking ,it's been the machine shop putting to much clearance and NOT putting in the rods he said were in the motors.I am going back to using Bruce Sanders or try someone new .I will never use the BLOWN MOTOR SHOP again.I think mine make about 6 to 8 I know of in the last two years between just a few guys. Chris Blaseck had 3 or 4 himself .My brothers motor blew after 3 races and this one had maybe 100 laps on it. I hear Spreen builds good motors.I might try him.

Not me . I had shoulder surgery on Tuesday and can't drive, not saying I could before! I will be there to watch and support the track and drivers.I was looking for someone to put a motor in my car and drive it while I am injured but I guess it's not going to happen. My car is not getting hurt sitting in the garage. I hope Kyle is there with his car.

Archived