Get Ready for 2017 - Texana Raceway Park re-opening

TRP

Great question Raymond. The minimum age to race in any of the four classes is 15 years old, and with parental consent if under 18 years of age. On a different note, the minimum age to rent one of the track rent a race cars Is 18 years of age. Thank you for the question.

Correction on the minimum. Minimum age for competing in any class will be 14 years of age. Anyone between 14 - 17 years of age will require a notarized parental or guardian consent. We will work on the consent form this winter and have it before the first practice day. Additionally, we will note the minimum age requirements in the general rules for the track when those are posted, hopefully by end of this month.

• 2 weeks later...

Curious. Were y'all planning to add any lighting towards the track?

Been awhile since I ran there but I seem to recall it was kinda dark on the backstretch especially going into 3

Just wondering

And best of luck. I like what I've read so far about your approach to operating the track

Hello sir. Thank you for the positive feedback. Think it was around 2008 or maybe 2009 when we last got to see you at Texana. Yes sir, additional lighting was added to the back straight in the last couple of years. Hope to see you in 2017.

• 2 weeks later...

The lighting now is very good down the back stretch and the corners. Come on up and join us!

Actually it's more like come on down (the CC doesn't stand for Corpus Christi)

And it's too bad it's an almost 2 hour pull for me as what I've seen of y'all s approach and plans so far are attractive.

Much more so than 3 tracks much closer much closer to me than Edna

But it may just be worth the extra drive time

Archived