Great first night for SAS and crew.

Well for my first time back to SAS after a long time, I was impressed with Terry's first venture at SAS. You see and hear so much more sitting in the stands from the race fans view. I thought the races were good, even tho a small car count in the sportsman race, it was a great race, I have just a few things to share as were seen from the stands and the reaction and comments from others in the stands requarding the show, Im sure Terry seen and noticed and changes will be looked into. This is constuctive critisisum for the better. In the sportsman race the jack rabbit starts from the 12 car shouldnt have been allowed, now he does control the start but he would get a good 5 to 8 car length jump on the restarts, seen some thumbs down expression from a few fans and comment to they cant belive they are letting that go, even the flagman shook his head after throwing the green, jump one time and get warned with the black flag pointed at him,second time you go to the rear. The truck race was just awesome, good field and good racing, and great job by dirt mod driver Kenny Gaddis, need the girls gone wild on the truck,lol,lol. The slm, race was a little on the ,well lets just say that Brandon being as good as he was there were no contenders for him and, its great to be fast and good but when you check out like he did, its kinda boring from the stands, Im sure being the first night more cars will get dialed in and give him a run, there was a good race back for 3,4,5,6th spot. The race was run without a lot of cautions. The most obvious incedent and of course it may have been different from the track point of view, but from the stands and others in the stands I think share the same view by there actions tward the what looked to be an intentional spin from Umshied(spl) in the 52 car,by having contact coming out of 4 and dropped behind the other car and punted him in the rear hard to put him in the wall, he turned him around before even entering getting to turn one, they did put Umshied to the rear but My view and others comments in the stand was he should have sent to the pits with a black flag as well as the 14 car for his punt, like I said things my appear to be differnt on the track than what the fans see, but this to me looked a little to obviose. Which brings me to my next view, as Terry and crew got the whole show over by 10:30, and my hats off to them for this, again Im not familiar with the safety rules for acidents at the track but the wreckers need to be a little more in a hurry to get to the wreck, and get it cleaned up, there were times the cars just sat on the track for minutes while no wreckers even moved to go get them. One big ,big suggestion is...with a half mile track, the fire trucks need to be apart and not together on the front stretch, just a little safety concern her, they need to put a opening in right before turn 3 or keep one truck on the front strech and one at the back stretch opening, if they were to have a bad fire in three, the time for both fire trucks to get to 3 or 4 would be costly, anyone remember the big crash on the front straight during a TIDA race years back and all three cars erupted in a big fire, all you could see were the drivers fighting to get unbuckled and out of the car in all the flames,it was fortionate that it happend right in front of the fire truck and they were there instantly, what would have happend if the same would have happened in turn 3, very costly, for man and machine. I hope Terry and crew look at these slight possible improvements as not complaints but ways to make the show safer and faster on clean ups and safety. I see great things to come at SAS, just a little view from the stands and what was noticed from others in the stands. For a first night and a new start I thought it was a great show, I personal still think 20 dollars is still a little steep to get in the stands, but by the packed stands, it must not be that steep, hope the weekley show prices come down and get more fans in the stands on a weekly basis, allways thought 8 dollars to get in and fill the stand is better than $12 with 1/4 of the stands full. Again hats off to Terry and crew for a great night of racing.

I have to agree, I felt like it went well... I was also pleased to see so many fans in the stands...

Since you brought up the Sportsman Class Race. I'll start by saying that in the Drivers meeting, Terry Dickerson did say they would make some bad calls and miss some calls ALL TOGETHER... Well They missed a big one during the Sportsman race. Guess we need a bigger back bumper!

Congrats to ALL the officials, Terry D, Terry B and all the racers... Great Show!

would have to agree with you............i think the night went fairly smooth and we got out at a decent time..........the jack rabbit starts were crap and the 30 was also guilty of it in the truck race........as far as the slm race goes it was a good race but i do think if bradley didnt get punted early and greg davidson didnt have his misfortunes i think it would have been a closer finish..........they seemed to be the only ones who could hang with brandon other than wallace who also ended up with problems..........i think it was a great show and the only thing i saw as a problem was the fact that there was no soap in the mens restroom and the lines for the concession stands were too long and they took too long..........all in all i would say it was a great first night of racing and i am sure it will only get better with time..........great job guys..........

yep, the concession, was a little bad, and I do know for a fact it was noticed and you will see changes, heard it myself, after talking to some of the SAS staff, it sounds like Terry is a person who will listen to concerns and was told he is very approchable, something SAS hasnt had in many,years. and again, DEBWIL, is to be commended for the great turnout and all SAS crew for a well run show.

Forgot one thing, this is a major boo from me, I understand its because THR, its not right to watch super late models and be able to talk to your neighbor, and not have ringing ears when there over,lol,lol :huh: the mufflers stink, but you do what you have to do for all tracks that have to have them. :huh: :blink:I like ringing ears,lol,lol.

I'd also like to complement the new management on last night with just about the same gripes everyone else has.

As far as J.C. Umsheid (sp), I personally feel they should have held him down and let Reithmeyer's body work guy take out his long nights of work on him, I've been watching races at SAS for my entire life and that was just unexplainably idiotic, maybe his brakes went dead temporarily or his throttle hung into the corner ???

The starts need some work but they always do at the start of the season, besides that, more cars in the Charg... er Sportsman, the truck race was great, and the Supers would have been great with less attrition (obviously not the tracks fault).

The new lights made a HUGH difference (from the stands) and one that will stop a lot of very bad wrecks in the old turn two exit dark spot. The whole track was noticeably cleaner. I’m thoroughly amazed at the difference made in the past few weeks.

James Higdon

For the short time frame the new management group had to take over the track and get their ducks in a row, this weekend was a BIG success for everyone involved. I am sure the new management group will take positve action in everyones complaints, and throughout the weeks to come you will see alot of improvements. For the first race of the season I dont think you could ask for more, or even think it would be as smooth as it was. Oh, and every complaint that does not get resolved or fixed Larry will get a luche for each one of them...lol.

arts22

I hate to sound like a teacher, but let me teach you. You don;t get a luche, you are luched, or you get luched. So to say that Larry will get luched for everyone is o.k.

And I want the picture after the luching, to hang on the "I've been LUCHED" board in my shop.

Guest The_Greek
Forgot one thing, this is a major boo from me, I understand its because THR, its not right to watch super late models and be able to talk to your neighbor, and not have ringing ears when there over,lol,lol :huh: the mufflers stink, but you do what you have to do for all tracks that have to have them. :huh: :blink:I like ringing ears,lol,lol.

i couldnt agree more with you on the muffler thing. just wondering if the SLM's have to run a muffler at every track or is it just THR?

Who was booing Pancho Mendoza in the driver introductions for the trucks? What has he ever done to anyone?

What was that about?

You're booing Jesus?

May he have mercy on you.

Who was booing Pancho Mendoza

Wow, I didn't hear any booing during introductions. Maybe not alot of cheering for some guys, but I heard no boos. Perhaps I was in a "better" section of the grand stands.

Thought the night was good. Tell Mr. Dickerson that he needs to have the thermostate looked at before the next race, it was a tad chilly. :P

Thanks to Debbie Williams and the rest of the SAS crew for your hospitality. It was much appreciated, and I know it will be reciprocated at both of the tracks I work at.

All in all a good night, little niggly things could be better, but all enterprises have things they could do better. I trust that the great SAS/USRA crew will only continue to improve.

Now, about that USRA announcer guy............ ;)

:lol:

Bill "Sarge" Masom

I knew someone was going to take that way too serious...

Sorry Boerneracehounds50...

Was just a little joke about the booing. No, I do not think they were actually booing Jesus. And if so... well... they'll be dealt with. :P

Archived