USRA at SAS

Guest The_Greek

Guest The_Greek

1. B. Bendele

2. T. Grimes

3. H. Stewart

4. C. Davidson

5. M. Crofford

just a brief re-cap, Bendele set fastest time, and broke the old track record, he drew a 6 and had to start 6th on the inversion, i believe he took the lead after 25 laps, and never looked back. great run by E. Wallace had some sort of problem late or else he wouldve easily ran 2nd as he did the majority of the night. the trucks put on a great show with truck #30 winning.

the super late model race was good. seems everyone running second (got) wrecked into the turn 1 wall. b. reithmeyer and the 13 of welch had good runs going. the lighting at sas was awesome. i got all 125 laps on tape and the cars looked good under the lights. i also got to tape all the cars qualifying. i was happy. kinda wish i would taped the truck race but i didnt have enough batteries. well all in all it was a good opener at sas. thanks usra!!! calvin hadden

I thought Casey Smith was supposed to be at SAS this weekend. I didnt see him in qualifying, and then i missed driver intros before the race because I was in the restroom. He ALWAYS qualifys in the top 3 or 4 and I didnt see him there because I recognized all those guys. Only car I guess he could've been in was maybe that 99 car, but I dont think that was him because that car was all over the place in practice on Friday, and Casey never tears his stuff up. He always runs good so that definitely couldnt have been him. Anybody know what happened with Casey???

Also, Brandon Bendele sure was lucky that Bradley, Greg, Eddy Wallace and J.C all had some sort of trouble, because I dont know if anybody else saw it, but in the pits after the race that right rear tire on his car was blistered worse than a bald guy at the beach. That thing was BAD and if Bradley, Greg, Eddy, or J.C could've been on him at the end they for sure probably would've got him cause they were all very strong, especially JC showing his muscle coming from the rear. Brandon's lucky it wasnt a 150 lapper cause J.C could've run him down.

Casey was the black 99 car. They rushed to get the car together, and had problems all weekend.

Eddy Wallace had a problem with a rear axle which ended his day. Thankfully, (if it had to happen) the problem came up during a caution. If it had happened under acceleration, they would still be peeling the car out of the fence.

Anybody know what happened with Casey???

As mentioned, Casey and his crew put the car together at the last minute. He was about to go out for qualifying when it appeared (from up top) that the car wouldn't start..Terry Barden gave him the rest of qualifying, plus an extra 2 minutes, but they just couldn't get the car started...

I introduced Casey for the start of the SLM race..as you can see by the results, it was too short of a night for the 99 team..

Still, it was good to see the Austin racer and his family..Casey's agreed to come on the radio show in 2 weeks..

99 was Casey

It looked like JC had something to me too...

99 wasn't ready for prime time .. should have stayed home.

JC had something alright .. and got told to leave it at home for the next race or he'd have a short season. what he did to Bradley was uncalled for...

anybody wonder about the dosey-do during the pre-race lineup? seems Balzell lined up wrong in the pits .. be sure to thank him for the unscheduled entertainment.

while I'm quacking about Balzell, somebody explain the move-over rules to him. thought Bendele was going to have to "bump-n-run" him to get around .. but Brandon is a class act and NOBODY catches him at SAS .. or holds him up for long.

The Racing Rubber Duck thinks USRA put on a G-R-E-A-T show at SAS. CONGRATS to all the racers and fans for a terrific race nite!

casey struggled, it happens to the best. if you think anyone had anything for brandon, im gonna have to say no. i dont want to discount what you said, but he was off the gas at the flagstand, yes bradley HAD a good car, but he didnt finish. jc was fast but i think he burned his tires trying to get back through the field. eddie wallace was making a good showing till he fell out. dont really know what to say, but from where i was sitting looked like brandon had them covered as usual.

big john

Looked like Brandon had everybody covered and a half. Eddy had everybody else covered; on restarts he and Brandon just checked out, Brandon pulling to a solid lead over Eddy, and Eddy putting the same distance on the rest of the pack.

But there are still the what-ifs, like Bradley, McLemore, even J. C. Greg Davidson had trouble early, so it's hard to say what he might have had for them. It's going to be an interesting season.

Casey had electrical problems all weekend and did not get much practice in. As for Brandon and a balled RR, it would have been hard to get around him those last few laps. My RR might be balled to, I have not looked at it yet, but I think I saved them pretty good for the end. May have been a good race, who knows?

Archived