Thanks your appreciated

A lot of family, friends, fans and sponsors over several years have helped support us to get here this point in time. Thank you so much for that support and encouragement. You all know who you are because I have made it a priority to thank you in private and publically. I'm ready to move on to a different chapter in life, find passion in something else and look forward to doing it with my best friend. I wish you all luck in your racing and hope you can grow the sport in the right direction. I hope STP has been a positive impact in the sport you love.

The stars did not line up for this last promotion, Stephan. I am sure you gave it your best shot, just like you always do. I hope you didn't take too big a financial loss.

The South Texas stock car racing community benefited greatly due to your efforts and financial investment and we are indebted to you and those who assisted you in your promotions.

I regret that so many folks find satisfaction in making negative comments in public and especially regret that there are a few who are hell-bent on finding fault with anyone and everyone who attempts to do anything positive for the racing.

Good luck with all of your future endeavors, Stephan.

Nick

we did not make but a few laps before breaking an axel ..a few major things had to come together just to get our car back out not having a motor till the 11th hour .working day and night to get there ..was it worth the pain and hard work hot sun and very long two nights putting together .you bet yeah . did it pay off in green backs and the finish heck no lost ..

what I am getting at is stp put the best show they could with some not so friendly deals . weather ,drivers and a holiday to boot . I don't know the enter workings of putting on a show like this .. WHAT I DO know it takes a lot of courage and toughness to take on a challenge go after it like stp did fight the fight where most others wont try .I wont ..that isn't for me ...

I SAY THANK YOU ALL WHO TRIED .NEVER HANG YOUR HEAD DOWN YOU TOOK ON A BEAST AND STILL WON , WE WON THOW WE FINISHED LAST ..

Speaking for the mini stocks Thank You for giving us what is probably our only shot at a big show this year. The Fall Classic was the one we could count on but under new management we are not on the card.For all of us having the show was more important than how we finished. Not to say we were not drooling to win but having the chance meant a lot.

We only had 10 cars show up, 4 from Tyler, near Texicana, one from Talor,near Waco, one from Oklahoma, that team travels the country for only big shows and put on a clinic for what these cars can be, one from Harlingen, who did not do crap, and 3 locals. That's a lot of miles traveled by a few who have been mostly forgotten at most events. This was our 15 minutes of fame.

Being older than dirt I have been lucky to race in some big events and have never seen people like the STP crew work so hard to get a show in under such adverse conditions. It took 11 months and a 4th try to getter done. It would have been easy to cancel again because of weather, especially after the downpour Sunday at 4:00 pm. You were thinking about all those who traveled so far and worked hard to succeed. In the end some were happy, some were mad, some were disappointed, some were sad but nobody I talked to was upset we actually did get to race. Its sad how it ended with the attitude of some but that's always going to happen in a sport with so much passion. Just look at the NASCAR truck race. Poor sportsmanship has ended a few tracks and more than a few promoters that stepped up. Small wonder racing in south Texas is disappearing. Just remember those of us that are grateful are usually not heard. OK I shut up now. I mainly wanted to make my point to support whatever event somebody promote, support it, its not all about you. I know at least 3 of the regular winners did not finish and took their loss as part of the deal. Will they ever get another chance?

Archived