Live Updates 7-30-16

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Took my grandson visiting from Florida to Shady Oaks and he had a blast! Races were really good and a good crowd on hand. I was a little confused as to where the restart area was. I thought it was between the two marked tires in turn 4. But one class was starting one tire before them

in 3. I Yes the Pure Stock was only three laps. Big mess up took out a bunch of the field.Shame , it was shaping up to be the best race of the night. I understand time limits and getting done at an early time.But do it by making intermission shorter and having the first feature ready to go when the flag crew is ready to go.And kill the post race interviews as well if it means more time for racing. Fans don't wanna see 3 lap features from the best racing class.And racers who drive hundreds of miles (both ways) deserve more than three laps. Anyway Shady Oaks is the neatest track that I have gone to and I encourage anyone in the area who hasn't been there to go. The atmosphere and the people of the place is hard to beat!

Definitely a crazy night in pure stock.. All I'll say is stay clear of 01 and 99.. some hit head drivers when they get mad.. 01 is usually a clean racer not sure what was up with those guys last night.. pretty sad one car caused all the rucku...and they haulled but after they raced. Heard there was a big fight in those pits around there also that could be why as well.. they take racing to seriously sometimes.

Luckily all drivers were ok.. glad no-one was seriously hurt as EMS just sat there and didn't move. All in all a good night of racing.

Wow...we cant keep racing like that and expect to have car keep coming back each week

We have drivers in the class who have more than enough experience to know they can't win on the first lap yet they are some of the worst at trying to do that.

I also thought it was funny myself when one of the drivers who I feel likes to drive a little rough got pretty upset that he was taken out. Hopefully he might finally understand how others feel when he beats on them.

I just wanna say that I'm just trying to got out and race and try to have some fun, the last 3 features I have made a total of less than 3 green flag laps and the car has spent at least 2 months this year being worked on and and bent back in place and beat on and parts replaced on small budget

, somethings gotta give, nothing else to do exciting around here!! I usually keep quite but Saturday was the last straw. ty

I just wanna say that I'm just trying to got out and race and try to have some fun, the last 3 features I have made a total of less than 3 green flag laps and the car has spent at least 2 months this year being worked on and and bent back in place and beat on and parts replaced on small budget

, somethings gotta give, nothing else to do exciting around here!! I usually keep quite but Saturday was the last straw. ty

Thats the problem when large budget racers get in a class like this...for one no respect and 2 these shock packages they have are another story!!!

Man , and to think a several months ago a lot of SOS guys said STS was too rough! I'm not there every week but I did notice a couple of things and wonder if they have an impact.One is the last tire in turn 4 was WAY out towards the fence. This seemed to squeeze the cars up at the start and made the exit of 4 pretty tough.Last race it didn't seem to be out as far but getting out of 4 seemed still tough.The last race the track looked extremely rough.Just wondering if that was a factor.

Man , and to think a several months ago a lot of SOS guys said STS was too rough! I'm not there every week but I did notice a couple of things and wonder if they have an impact.One is the last tire in turn 4 was WAY out towards the fence. This seemed to squeeze the cars up at the start and made the exit of 4 pretty tough.Last race it didn't seem to be out as far but getting out of 4 seemed still tough.The last race the track looked extremely rough.Just wondering if that was a factor.

I was one of them saying STS was rough but now it seems they have switched places. When my car gets put back together I'll be at STS.

Twarner neither 01 or 99 hauled butt after pure stock short race. They may of loaded up cars but we all were there til all races were finished as we were in stands watching races.

Huge words were said around our pits after sport mod heat race if that is what you are talking about but not directed at 99 pure stock or 01. A young man came down into our area where many of us pit together and was voicing his anger and being disrespectful to even bystanders who were just there to watch race. I myself missed pure stock words in several places near our pits. I was not there the very second our car got to our pit but i heard a driver came down to our pit area voicing his opinion.

I wish racing could get back to the fun it use to be. I wish all involved either racing or spectating remember that there are many sides to what happened during each insident...each angle you see totally different. None of the drivers are out there to hurt ppl nor purposely total cars. In this day and age a majority of us cannot afford it.

Btw we are looking for rims and tires since last 2 races ours have been cut down. Or a sponsor would be real nice :)

Archived