HOT and Kennedale

arob

Well it is less than two weeks to my long planned trip to Heart Of Texas on 8-5 and Kennedale Raceway Park on 8-6. It has been a long time since we have been to HOT so looking forward to visiting again. We can't wait to get to KRP. Judging by the videos put up weekly by Don Cook KRP looks like a fans dream track!Huge car count , 3 and 4 wide racing throughout the pack in all classes, can't wait to get there! Yes those sites take the time to tape the races and put them up for fans to see.It pays off for the track.I doubt I'm not the only one who uses these sites to pick the tracks to visit. So thank you Don Cook for showing me what goes on at HOT and KRP.Can't wait to get to both!

Make sure you stop by and say hello to Paul Lapaire(Race Safe Technolgies) at HOT on Friday.....He will have his rollover simulator(FLIPR) there and I EXPECT all of you going up there to give it a try!.....I have and I rarely get to race any more.....It's as close as you can get to the real thing without fuel running down your back......He does this completely out of his own pocket and donations(hint, hint)....

Don't be skeered!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/RSTechnologies/?fref=ts

post-34-0-54676900-1469672994_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well trip is done and one track lived up to expectations and the other exceeded them. As a side note the Dr Pepper Museum downtown and the Texas Sports Hall of Fame on the Baylor campus in Waco were pleasant surprises. Reb , if you haven't been to the Dr Pepper Museum be sure and visit when in Waco. The Hall of Fame has a lot for sports fans of all kind. Walking into HOT was like going back in time. You feel the history of the place. The racing was good throughout and run at a good pace.Concession has the most variety that I have seen. The only odd thing about HOT was the lack of kids . Maybe it was an off night for them. KSP was just better than expected. There is nothing not to like there.Place is clean , well laid out , the best stands where there is not a bad seat , great racing and the friendliest staff.The best part was even with such a large car count , and on this night some wild accidents, was how fast things were cleared off. Absolutely no time is wasted there. I understand they are on a 12 o'clock curfew and they came in well under that. Most of the credit has to go to the KSP drivers. They don't cause a bunch of yellows even though they spend a lot of time 3 and sometimes 4 wide in the features.And when they do spin they get going again and not sit to bring out the yellow. The rest of the credit goes to track prep as there are 3 distinctive lines all night long.Also I noticed the tires are moved towards the center of the infield giving a lot of room to race , something I'd like to see done at other places.The candy call for the kids, which there were many , is a cool thing.I noticed a lot of ice chests in stands. Check the KSP website on the rules for that. I could go on and on about KSP.If you are anywhere near South Ft. Worth Kennedale Speedway Park has to be on your Saturday night schedule during racing season.

Archived