RESULT JULY 23, 2016

Arob,

Thanks. I still love to race, just don't have as much time as required to run often.

We are planning on running Goliad this weekend if everything works out. Time to go see if we can run with them this year.

We plan on coming back to CC before end of year as well. Wanted to come for July show but it didn't work out.

I really want to go try the Texas Outlaw Stock Car Series in North Texas. It would require a lot of changes to be competitive but they have some good shows coming up.

If you go to Goliad Saturday, come by and say hello.

Thanks, Mike

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There may be some "tanks" in the SS class but I can assure you they aren't winning races. The front running cars are well built race cars and that is why they are close in speed to the LLM cars.

Let us run 2850 ,any 8" tire and no clutch rulle and you'll be wondering how to catch a "tank".

The tank reference was in reference to the required minimum weight for SS's.

If you run at 2850 lbs and you have leaf spring or 3 link rear, 10" tires and no clutch rule you are not a SS, you are a LLM and you would be welcome to race with us at any time. If you are 3000 lbs or more, 4 link rear (even stock) and 8" tires, you are not a LLM and I would be opposed to a class crossover (JMO), however, a shootout or dash for cash would be fun (and probably fun for the fans too).

I spent a little time this evening watching races on raceontexas.com. It was difficult to time laps but you can get enough times to tell the story.

Very close times, nothing close to a second a lap advantage from what I saw. Fun exercise all in all.

Both classes offered strong cars with good racing. The fans should be happy with that and that is what will keep them interested and coming back.

In the late 80's, We had to race our late model with limited lates a few times so we could have a full field and I didn't like it either, so I know where y'all are coming from.

top no offense taken..Mike..you got a great piece....I agree they are close and I would like to see both class distant from each other. Gives people more of a choice in what to run...I would do a dash for cash just to have fun against any of you guys because yall run fast. clean ..with lots of talent...I would like to see alot of the SS guys in LLM becuase it would not only increase the number of cars but its always fun running against the best even if it is just to learn to be a better driver on my part...

Archived