Bellm Ready for Three-Race Set after another Top Five

Bellm Ready for Three-Race Set after another Top Five

Lonnie Wheatley, NIXA, Mo. (July 7, 2016) – For the second weekend in a row, Kyle Bellm and the Resource Asset Management Solutions (RAMS) No. 14k Sprint Car team set out for a three-race weekend.

Hopefully, Mother Nature plays nicer this time around after washing out last Saturday and Sunday’s scheduled action after a fourth-place ASCS Warrior Region run at Callaway Raceway in Fulton, MO, on Friday night.

This week, Bellm and the PPG Automotive Finishes/Colorvision team get an early start on the weekend with Thursday’s opening leg of the ASCS Red River Region “Sooner Sweep” at Creek County Speedway near Tulsa, OK, before moving on to “Sooner Sweep” Round Two at Outlaw Motor Speedway near Muskogee, OK, on Friday.

The weather outlook will make the final call on Saturday, with a $3,000-to-win tilt at Little Rock’s I-30 Speedway the preferred destination with the final “Sooner Sweep” round at Lawton Speedway a possibility as well.

Bellm looks to add another “W” or two to the win column this weekend as he debuts a new Maxim chassis, thanks to the generosity of CSR Garage.

“I can’t thank CSR Garage enough for the new Maxim, it was much needed after that little stretch of rough luck that we had,” Bellm says.

Bellm and the Schure Built Suspensions/Christian County Collision Repair team are optimistic going into the weekend and have good reason to be after finishing second in recent ASCS Speedweek action at Creek County Speedway, where this weekend begins.

“We feel like we have a good opportunity for some top-fives and possibly a win or two this weekend, these are some tracks that have been good for us,” Bellm explains. “Either way is good on Saturday, I kind of lean towards I-30 though. I’ve always liked it there, plus it’s $3,000 to win and it’s a couple of hours closer to home for us.”

Bellm comes off a fourth-place showing at Fulton Raceway last Friday night aboard the Bybee Lawn Care/Dynotech Racing Engines entry.

“We had a good night at Fulton, even though the engine was just a little off all evening,” Bellm says.

The night started off on a positive note with Bellm winning his heat race in the Schaeffer Oil/Prater Designs/Racinboys machine. “It was slick, so you didn’t really have to have a powerhouse under the hood.”

Gridding the feature field seventh, Bellm made his way to fourth in short order.

Challenging for third, Bellm opted to try to top side of turns three and four to make a move on the lead trio.

“I was a little too impatient, I probably should have rode the bottom a little bit longer,” Bellm comments.

Working the top side, Bellm fell back to fifth. But, as he worked in the top lane, the speed began to increase as a hint of rubber was laying down. Bellm recaptured fourth with two laps to go and finished there as the laps wound down.

“I was about the only one running up there, we were getting faster as the race went on,” Bellm says. “We just needed it to be 30 laps instead of 25 and we may have got there.”

With a second consecutive top-five in the books, Bellm looks to add more strong finishes in this weekend’s trio of events.

2016 Quick Stats: 22 races, 1 win, 7 top-fives, 8 top-tens.

Up Next: ASCS Red River Region “Sooner Sweep” on Thursday at Creek County Speedway near Tulsa and then Outlaw Motor Speedway near Muskogee on Friday, then a $3,000-to-win event at Little Rock’s I-30 Speedway on Saturday.

Keep Track: Keep track of Kyle Bellm’s on-track action including schedule and results at http://www.kylebellm.com/, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/KyleBellmRacing?fref=ts or on Twitter at @kylebellmracing.

If you would like Kyle Bellm Racing press releases e-mailed directly to you, send your e-mail address to Lonnie Wheatley at lonniewheatley@gmail.com.

Penning the recurring series of “The Wheatley Chronicles” articles on www.sprintcarmania.com, Lonnie Wheatley provides media, public relations and more for select tracks, drivers and events. For more information, Wheatley may be contacted at lonniewheatley@gmail.com.

Archived