Double MAHLE/Clevite BLC weekend for Sprints On Dirt

Erie, MI (July 5, 2016) - The MAHLE/Clevite Beyond Limits Challenge Engine Pro Sprints On Dirt presented by ARP mini-series swings back into action in a big way this weekend.

With race #1 of the five-MAHLE/Clevite BLC in the books, SOD point leader Brian Smith holds the early BLC point lead with his win at Merritt Speedway on June 18th. Thomas Schinderle is currently in 2nd place, and Dan McCarron is 3rd.

BLC race #2 is at I-96 Speedway (Lake Odessa, MI) this Friday, July 8th. I-96 has been a regular stop for the SOD series, last racing their on July 31st of last year. Friday’s event will be the first of two for SOD at I-96 in 2016, with the unlimited sprints returning on Friday, August 13th.

Race #3, the next day, July 9th, is at Thunderbird Raceway in Muskegon, Michigan. Long-time racer and promoter Tom Sprague reopened the 50-year-old Thunderbird Raceway after the track was closed three years ago. Engine Pro Sprints On Dirt presented by ARP last raced at Thunderbird on May 10, 2008; Ben Rutan was the winner.

Each race will pay competitors $300 to start the feature, $100 to win heat races, and $100 for the Engine Pro Lucky Dog winner drawn from all competitors. The weekend will also pay $2,386 in contingency cash and certificates, and $1,000 in bonuses.

The challenge offers drivers the opportunity to compete in a mini-championship within the full Engine Pro Sprints On Dirt presented by ARP schedule for an additional, separate point fund. The 4th race will be on July 30th at Crystal Motor Speedway (Crystal, MI). The final race of the mini-series will take place on August 13th at Butler Speedway (Quincy, MI).

The 2016 MAHLE/Clevite Beyond Limits Challenge was originally set to pay the top five positions, but has been expanded to seven positions. The payout will be paid at the 2016 SOD banquet as follows: 1) $1,000, 2) $600, 3) $400, 4) $300, 5) $200, 6) $150, 7) $100.

Archived