Way to go Smoke!

arob

Me personally I think Denny let him have it and Tony nudged him on the exit as a little of a payback for what happened in turn 7. I really believe Denny didn't even mean to get into Tony in turn 7 and Gordon can say the Denny wheel hopped it into 11 but I didn't see it in the replay and Denny even said it himself he didn't wheel hop. I was glad to see Tony win it, its been a long time coming. Now the question is will we see him do what Kyle Busch did last year?

Denny didn't need a win....

Tony did.....

Tickets, Tickets, Tickets.....

Judging by the last race I attended (Fall 2012 at TMS), I don't think they're too concerned with ticket sales. The track may be, but the sanctioning body surely isn't. I was amazed by how many open seats there were at a "Chase" race. I would guess 30% of the front stretch seats were vacant, and there was nobody on the backstretch. I can only assume it has gotten worse since then. I think it's more about TV ratings and viewership now.

Everything is going good for Smoke this week. Check out this article below on a special retirement gift courtesy of his home track. Too cool!

Indianapolis Motor Speedway to build Tony Stewart a dirt track.

http://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2016/6/29/12063982/indianapolis-motor-speedway-tony-stewart-dirt-track-midgets-sprint-cars?yptr=yahoo&ref=yfp

Archived