2000 mustang

HiTech

I have a nightmare .and bout to burn it ..00 mustang gt .I can not get brake pressure . replaced master cylinder .was not getting left front fluid to tire .changed the abs pump and module and now have fluid .abs pump is not coming on so ill look for the relay or fuse ..it is power assist off of power stearing pump was going to test pressure but this car has no port anywhere to screw into with the test system I borrowed .power stearing seems to be working fine just a tad tight but I dont drive mustangs so not sure how free it is suppose to turn .. as for hydro test I start car and it will push my foot bout 1 INCH off of floor but if I let off with foot and push down it will drop back to floor ..now if I start with out foot pressure the hydro will pressure and hold the pressure till I bleed it down on three non starts BUT WEAK FEEL ... question should this system still pump up hard at the master and felt through the pedal with motor off .either way running or off I cant get that master cylinder pressure feel ..just no back pressuer at all ....if I open wheels I will get some low presser bleed with foot down on pedal ..I know this system is suppose to bleed itself .but no luck and am at my end with it ..I noticed the owner over filled the power steering res and pushing the pedal down pushed out the fluid through the cap ..don't know if that means anything bout the hydro boost ..I have not worked on this type system in the mustang before ..

if you'll pull the left rear tire and wheel you will see a line that looks like a brake line going into the rotor, next to it will be a grease fitting with an abnormal size inlet, turn it until outward until you have one thread or so left on the fitting. now repeat the same to the right rear side. by now you should have both rear tires and wheels off the ground and the vehicle sitting on jackstands, next make sure the entrance door going into your house and unlocked and your garage door is in the upright position (in case of spillage or vapors) , you should have a clear access now to the rear fuel tank hose from the filler neck connected into the rear quarter panel, disconnect the hose clamp holding the hose to the filler neck-loosen the three screws completely holding the filler neck to the quarter panel. The fuel hose should now be disconnected and just hanging. Go to your toolbox and find either a blow torch or a coke bottle half filled with gas and t-shirt type rag attached at one end. Fire up you blow torch and lite the t-shirt filled with gas and throw it as possible hard at the car as you can. By now the car should be fully engulfed in flames and your earlier preparation of open the (escape) garage door and side door into the house has allowed you just afew minutes to go inside your house and drink a beer and slowly call 911 to report a fire in your garage...That my friend is how every ford needs to be worked on.

Don't worry i'll send you my bill in a couple of day.

glad I could help Mike.

WOW after reading that well thought out very instructional peace of back woods gibberish I have come to the conclusion that either you are sniffing to much paint dust or paint thinner or you bumped you head getting into that tiny little car ,YOUHAVEJUSTPLAINLOSTIT .. but nah I cant think that way cuz on second reading of it I figured you could have saved me the pain and just said stick a match to it that my man was a very smart post . thanks I need some guidance some times..

pump bled it and gravity bled it ,forced bled it ,I bled it so much in so many way I started to bleed .changed two brand new not rebuilt master cylinders with no hope before changing the abs .hell I even changed the power stearing pump seeing it had been leaking .after changing the abs pump and module started showing some signs of hope the left front was not getting any fluid what so ever .the pump fixed that as for fluid getting to the caliper .. then I finally said the hell with it ill try one more bleed and got lucky and notice an improvement . a positive sign seeing I had nothing up till then for three weeks worth of hell ..this thing chased me all over it and I am not one who likes to put parts on just for the sake of it that cost money .... once I got front .I bled rear with hand held pump .right rear was ok .left rear just bubbles .so I checked the caliper and found the sliders frozen up and caliper could not move fixed that part and spun caliper piston no problem with the caliper .after all ,I got good enough brakes to drive it now .but I told the owner it really needs a complete over haul .parts like calipers and kits .all the brake hoses are 16 years old just plain new if she wants to keep this car and to me it isn't worth it .but that's just me .run good looks ok just neglected .....anyway thanks bobby ..

Archived