Central Texas Speedway hourly schedule, 4/23/2016

NickHolt

Not to take away from the late model vs. street stock argument, but the super stock that won Saturday night was a street stock not a late model. The fiberglass body fools people.

I have no problem with the late model type cars because I do believe a stock chassis car can win against them and I guess it was done

And we saw a guy come from the back to just a bumper/fender short of winning so passing is possible. Hell a dirt car finished in the top 10. The old late model look is the way that class is going. Just like the purpose built cars are on dirt. It's just the way it is. The old style "junk" cars if not obsolete, have greater challenges to keep up and that's just the way it is. Is it possible for them to get there? Maybe but yes funding is different for every team. That's in any class, some teams have more than others. Think all teams put in their work but the question is, do some cars have an advantage over others just based on the cars themselves? If so, how does that get balanced?

funny how Toyota calls some cars junk .I think old rick rapp raced a many junk cars and won how many races ..hell I raced what I think would be considered a junk car .and won many races with it .my early years I borrowed beg and worked for someones old parts tires springs motors carbs distibutors and just bout anything I could find laying around their shop heading for the scrap yard and beat em with it I very seldom had new parts guess I followed rapps way of racing .find and make it work . beat some fine money cars with junk .now seeing I beat those fine money cars did that make them junk..

So instead of working on the cars, you want them to move the fast guys out? Now that is funny right there, kick them out for working hard. It is common knowledge in the racing world that junk means slow. In that respect, I have seen brand new good looking cars that were junk. They all look good in the winners circle. Usually, the guys who take pride in their work at least put a nice looking car on the track. The looks have nothing to do with its ability to go fast. Junk usually stays junk, because nobody wants to work on junk.

I don't personally know this cat but rest assured he doesn't speak for everyone. I sponsor some "junk" cars; a steel bodied Camaro which runs in the limited latem...I mean street stock class and wouldn't have it any other way. If you're comfortable saying "screw people that can't afford to build a fast car for a class where the rules have evolved into something they didn't used to be" then YOU are part of the problem. This isn't the 1950's, the middle class in America is dying and if weekly racing wants to survive it's going to have to deal with that fact.

So what yall are saying is y'all want to penalize a guy that has done his homework and is fast all day long and fast in qualifying. We all put hard work into our cars. Some people drive for others and some clean carpets. But if you are a +1.5 off the pace, that is not excuse to want to start in the front.

And this is one of the reasons or if not the reason why racing is dying! People complaining etc.. Just work hard on your car, race it and have fun, most drivers know if they're out classed or not but you'll find out soon, race a class that fits your budget, racing ain't cheap if it was I'd be racing now, just be glad you have the means to race and a place to race. I'm not trying to be rude at all I just don't want another asphalt track closing down. God bless all you racers and have fun guys, hope to be out soon!

mayberys car was always fast then they said it was illegal.now its a mid pack car sorry Robert. my car ran competitive .then the rules they let go I went a lap down. in the last race I ran. . and pushed down the straight away buy a crate motor.that is when I wanted to get out of super stock .those bodys make a difference at kyle . a little but yes a little is a lot. now I run a sport mod.this is just me yall have fun.

After watching that race, and it was a really fun race to watch, I can't wait to be back out there. My old car used to be fairly fast but I really haven't had the money to do a lot of upgrading. I'll keep racing as long as I can be competitive. Don't want to be in any ones way and getting lapped is no fun. Car is old but it's not junk.

I don't think he trying to piss anyone off if so nick would take care of that .he is a little off base in his way of thinking and yes he does have some points to ponder . don't know if he ever owned a car .if not he talks with out knowing what it takes to truly field a car and most racers who can only afford what they have are proud of that junk with out them no class will survive but he is welcome to pass the bucks my way to step us up a notch . plus racing junk is better than sitting at home or hanging out at the club with a hang over the next day ..

I just want to know what kind of car ToyotaTim has now or has ever raced. I've always raced where the high point guy was in the back. IF he's good enough to be the points leader he's good enough to pass the slower cars and get to the front. Makes for a more exciting show for the fans which will bring them back to the track. ToyotaTim is just a keyboard racer, has all the solutions but doesn't have a dog in any fight.

I totally understand the sales pitch the drivers are putting on....invert the field and put the slow cars up front and you have a lots of torn up cars and a race card that does not finish in an acceptable amount of time. Have you noticed the stands get a little more empty after each wreck? But, what do I know, I am just a keyboard racer that likes the entertainment.

All this talk about inverts... Do it the way we did it at SAS back in the day when I was NASCAR Chief Steward in the mid 90's and the way the Lone Star Legacys do it now.

1) Divide the starting field in half by point average.

2) Put the high point average cars at the front but inverted. That puts the fastest cars near the middle of the starting field.

3) Put the lower point average half at the rear, but not inverted. That puts the slowest car at the very back of the field and out of the way for a lap or two.

This system reduces the chance of torn up cars at the start and still gives the fans and drivers a very decent show.

How simple is that????

I know, I know. The high dollar teams will scream and holler about "deserving" to start up front, but most of the rest of the field and the majority of the fans will appreciate this system.

And since this system is so "cut and dried," it eliminates the sandbagging in time trials and heat races and provides a great deal of incentive for teams in the slower half of the field to get their point average up. Once a slower car "graduates" to the faster half, they get to start on the pole! What an incentive.

Nick

The invert means nothing, other than more racing for the fans. Which is what it more important. The faster cars will still end up towards the front. I started 9th and still had the lead before halfway in a 25 lap feature on Saturday night. AND it was the same top 4 finishing order it is every weekend.

No they wont tear up stuff, these fields usually work themselves out within 10 laps. Exactly what do you know Toyota, what have you raced, how long have you raced or do you even race? There is more qualified people on here making their points and don't need you in here stirring shit up.

Archived