e-mod toppless

bronco

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bronco,

I agree with you on looking out for our kids. Every car is important to me. Bronco I am not going to say I am always right or even most of the time. However I really have checked into this and the facts are this is something being done Many places and even under the same circumstances. It seems to work.

Look up STEM. It is very close to what we are doing.

Ken Hobbs

Ken we get it.

Zach got after it last night. Will use some of the extra sheet metal I have laying around here (from all of the courteous close contact racing ((ha ha)) )to cover the halo. Will be no different than what we had before.

Think it would be good ida to add the spoiler back in, to add some of your pizzaz.

post-12420-0-44854800-1452103177_thumb.jpg

I agree with Ken.

I believe that a topless modified with a steel plate in the halo is safer than a fabricated top simply because there is a huge risk in being cut by sharp, torn sheet metal if a modified flips on it's lid. Most of the modified roofs I have seen are pretty thin and seem to be used more for downforce than protecting the driver.

Nick

I believe both myself and ted as race directors would like to see arm restraints mandatory for emods. Safety for all classes should always be priority number 1. I believe ken takes his job and everyone's risk very seriously and I look fwd to a great year.

I saw a picture yesterday that had a window net with all the mounting hardware used in the door area utilized in the Halo area, had the spring release bar also so you could actually win the race pull it back and stand up in the seat on the front straightaway....still looking for the pic if I find it I'll post it

i dont have a dog in this fight....but even as low as our llm roofs are and as tight as the cockpit is in my car...I have a steel plate on my halo, a sprint car window net, AND arm restraints and Hans..topless or not...your only as safe as you want to be....it shouldnt matter...JMO as a racer...

No way you can say the cars look better without the top but like the old saying goes "Looks don't turn the wheels." og39ss ,a fan speaking here. I hope your teammate reconsiders.It has been fun to see how this class has grown and the compete level of the younger drivers. It is a great class and I hate to see it die over a roof.I say this to all E-Mod racers. I say go try it at least. If you find you are still uncomfortable after the heat race or feature then make your choice.If you guys and ladies try then the track can't say the racers didn't give it a chance and put the blame on the racers.Again speaking as a fan I would hate to see E-Mod fail , that would be a loss to everyone.So I say to the track if doing this hurts the class be flexable .It will be just as easy to put the tops back on as it was to take them off.

Just out of curiosity do a head count of EMOD drivers and ask them how many want to race without roofs. Then ask them on any race night how many pit passes each car generated. Then ask them how many family and friends paid to sit in the stands to see them race. Its not like Emods do not generate money for the track. I have friends that watch races on TV but will not go to Saturday night races. Number 1 reason races finish to late. I asked a couple of them if we took the roof off of our cars would you come watch us race, answer still no but why you taking the roof off. Race fans want to see good looking cars good car count close racing and sad to say wrecks. If you polled race fans in the stands what could be done to improve your time at the track I personally don"t think anyone would say why don'T you take the roofs off of the cars. I understand it is your track and you make the rules, this is one i absolutely disagree with, but I am not going to park 2 cars that I have to much invested in or make any threats. I only wish that at the beginning of this season you would have anounced that you where going to sart a topless class it would have given us more time to either race it or change classes.

Archived