For whom the bell tolls.......future of Austin’s F1 race is in doubt

WELL when you screw the pooch it grows up and big dog bites back .should have left tavo in charge it is plain to see he knew what he was doing ,the latest are screw ups . ...I have said as long as the current owners and crew control that track ill never attend anything there .

id say the state changed formulas on purpose .....the track was not bringing the tax dollars the state was banking on I suppose ..but what do I know ...

I dont get it, i live here so I knew the race was happening but what about elsewhere? It was apparent that the stands were vacant even though the camera angles tried to hide it. So where was the advertising? I see 2 adds a night for cruise lines on tv, never seen more then one a week for F1. And thats in Austin. I guess this Epstein yo yo thinks people will just appear? He obviously hasnt been to any other auto races in Texas. Without full grand stands why would the state or any other investor for that matter want to invest?

Racer61 I was thinking the same thing. The first and second years of the gran prix they started a month out in the papers with a special section and all kinds of advertising. Then the week of the race there was something going on downtown everyday of the week. This year Austin American Statesman didn't do anything in the paper until Thursday. There was no block party during the week till Friday night. Its typical Austin the newness has wore off of it and its not the big spectacle it was before. I think the plugged Elton John more than the actual race this year.

Archived