2016 Info

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not because of E-Mods. None of them were running Sportmods that are in the class now.Lee and Flannagan still run Sportmods.Shady Oaks mods are slowly growing and they are the largest class at Cotton Bowl most nights.Most Sportmods are being turned into Street Stocks.

Not because of E-Mods. None of them were running Sportmods that are in the class now.Lee and Flannagan still run Sportmods.Shady Oaks mods are slowly growing and they are the largest class at Cotton Bowl most nights.Most Sportmods are being turned into Street Stocks.

YEAH THERE'S NOTHING ABOUT A STREET STOCK THATS STOCK , NEEDS NEW NAME!

It's all about rear percentage regardless if people are converting limiteds or building new street stocks. Both having rear percentage as a top priority. We announced last drivers meeting that we are aware of the direction some drivers are wanting to take the class. We have ideas and are listening to drivers for some guidelines for next year that will be in place to keep things from being stretched too far. Right now there are as many standard street stocks winning as there are converted limited but for some reason people continue to think the converted limiters are dominating everything and that simply isn't the case.

They say that because it's an excuse to use besides saying they got beat by a better driver I race street stock all the time and have for a while the guys that are winning are smooth and patient I lead 18 laps in a Camaro with a converted car behind me the whole time and he passed me simply because I made a mistake not because his car is so fast it unbeatable.

Not my business but when RGS started allowing old modifieds to become super stocks it killed the class.Its all about weight distrubition.The driver and engine location plus the weight of the chassis allowed for more rear %s. and easier weight placement.The limiteds use a more complete frame so maybe not such an issue.But I have raced a unibody car against frame cars and they have advantages.Just remember splitting the class has very negative results so be careful.The outdated sport mods might be better served as eco mods.JMO.

There are things being considered and those are issues that will be addressed I'm sure Thumper. I know STXSSS will welcome the Limited Mod Chassis but at the last STXSSS drivers meeting Stephan asked and opened the door for input. Look at the top 5 at STS, yes there were one maybe two old modified chassis (not sure on the BD1), an old Camaro and two old "outdated" Metrics. Drivers still need to drive but yes it's a Street Stock series, not Limited Mods so input will be needed to keep it even.

I would take a well balanced car that has good side bite over a "high rear percentage" stop and go race car any day. People get obsessed with forward bite and forget that we race in a circle. The car that is fastest through the center of the turn normally wins.

You can't make rules that make good racers bad and bad racers good. Even NASCAR can't figure out that formula.

I have always taken the approach that my priority is with the back half of the field and not the front half. Perception is as important as reality. If those guys feel that don't stand a chance then that's a problem. We have ideas but we also have time to make sure our ideas can be enforced.

Archived