Car racetracks roared, later faded - SA Express News Article by Bruce

debwill

Me either Rodney and it can't be the asphalt reasons, they've had two dirt tracks fail recently (if you want to call I37 a SA track). I feel for the SA area racers, at least an hour drive any direction to race and hanging on to hopes and dreams of a local track. I know some are making efforts to try to get it back but it's an uphill battle for sure. That's not counting the Mountain Home track wherever that was. Never heard about it opening at all until after the fact. We should feel lucky here, we have both surfaces, even with one running part time, it's still there and there are several that run both. Still hoping SA folks can get a track and work well with the surrounding area too.

Those tracks needed to be more to the north or north west of sa .. the area the tracks are now is a dieing area .. no different than where I grew up on the west side of cc Westchester area it has been left behind ......someday where I live just behind the malls will have the same problem as more folks move outwards towards the lakes and kings crossing ..cc speedway has the problem as the city has grown away from that area from which I grew up ..very very few of the folks I grew up with still live around cc speedway very few .

Archived