Grant Enfinger Earns Solid Top-10 Finish in the Irish Hills

Event: Corrigan Oil 200
Date: June 12, 2015
Venue: Michigan International Speedway
Start- 6th
Finish- 8th
Laps Led- 40
Points Position- 1st

Grant Enfinger, driver of the No. 23 Allegiant Travel / Beasley Allen Lawyers Chevrolet earned an eighth-place finish after a fuel pressure issue late in the Corrigan Oil 200 at Michigan International Speedway (MIS). This finish in the Irish Hills is Enfingers sixth top-ten finish in nine races in the 2015 ARCA season. The Fairhope, Ala. native led 40 laps in ninth race of 2015, which was interrupted by multiple cautions due to rain. On lap 47 under caution, the No. 52 car ran out of fuel and Enfinger took the lead for the restart on lap 48. Enfinger remained a top-ten contender for the majority of the race while Enfinger and crew chief Kelly Kovski were cognizant of fuel strategy throughout the 100-lap event. Kovski called Enfinger to pit road under green on lap 92 for fuel only where he pitted from the second position. The late-race splash of fuel relegated Enfinger and the No. 23 Allegiant Travel / Beasley Allen Lawyers Chevrolet team to an eighth-place finish. After his third consecutive top-10 finish, Enfinger still holds the points lead heading into the series halfway point at Chicagoland (Ill.) Speedway next weekend.

GRANT ENFINGER QUOTE:
Its not the finish we were looking for, but we had a fast race car this weekend. I cant thank my GMS team enough. If we werent racing for points, I would have tried to stretch our fuel to the end but (crew chief) Kelly (Kovski) and I did not want to take a chance running out of fuel and losing more track position than we did. These fuel mileage races are always tough. A big thank you to our sponsors Beasley Allen Lawyers, Alamo Rent-a-car, WURTH USA and Allegiant Travel for supporting us.

ABOUT GMS RACING, LLC: GMS Racing LLC, competes full-time in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series and ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards with drivers Spencer Gallagher, Brandon Jones, and Grant Enfinger. Formerly based out of Las Vegas, Nevada, home of Allegiant Travel, GMS Racing is now housed in a state of the art 51,000-square-foot shop in Statesville, North Carolina.

Archived