Kurt Busch's Ex in trouble with IRS and FBI?

uhcougs

From Jayski.com:

• Driscoll being investigated by FBI, IRS: FBI and IRS officials are investigating Patricia Driscoll, former girlfriend of NASCAR driver Kurt Busch, over allegations she has mishandled money as executive director of the multimillion-dollar Armed Forces Foundation, three sources told Outside the Lines. The investigation follows an Outside the Lines report on May 22 that detailed a host of questionable practices by Driscoll during her ongoing 12-year run as executive director of the foundation, which has ties to sports-related entities, including NASCAR. Driscoll also is facing a federal whistleblower complaint filed by a former foundation employee. Documents show that Patricia Driscoll, in effect, used the Armed Forces Foundation as a bank to lend money for or pay various personal expenses, including bills for a private company she owns. Driscoll has declined to be interviewed by Outside the Lines multiple times. A crisis communications firm hired by the foundation, though, and the foundation's general counsel have adamantly denied any wrongdoing on her part. After the Outside the Lines report published, the foundation and Driscoll hired Atlanta-based attorney L. Lin Wood to "evaluate potential libel claims for false and defamatory reporting," stating that "the one-sided reporting of ESPN makes accusations that are blatantly and demonstrably false." Spokespersons for the FBI and IRS declined to comment. See much more at ESPN.com.(6-13-2015)

And all this time people thought Kurt was the bad guy.

Just a little fyi, in feb just before Daytona she had a production going on at the Barrett Jackson auction where millions of dollars were being donated to her foundation from car bids. Guess who was in attendance to spend millions, Rick Hendrick and Jeff Gordon. Seemed they were pretty tight with her. Wouldnt be the first time Mr. Hendrick was involved in some shady business.

Rick Hendrick isn't invovled in the organization. He donates lots of money to lots of organizations. (I mean, it is a very efficient tax write-off to donate 1MM+ dollars and get a sweet ride out of the deal.

Seems like most of the questionable activity from the initial report revolves around her spending, while she was Kurt Busch.

Indeed he did win today. I'm not a huge fan but I admire the guy for "never going away" even when he had several run ins with opportunity to recede into the darkness. He has faced each one, come out bigger and better, and continues his career. I applaud him for the intestinal fortitude he has demonstrated over the years. He can wheel a car really good too.

Indeed he did win today. I'm not a huge fan but I admire the guy for "never going away" even when he had several run ins with opportunity to recede into the darkness. He has faced each one, come out bigger and better, and continues his career. I applaud him for the intestinal fortitude he has demonstrated over the years. He can wheel a car really good too.

Well said

Archived