Curl tops Kankakee DIRTcar Modified Nationals

NickHolt

Curl Tops Kankakee DIRTcar Summit Racing Equipment Modified Nationals - Friday night’s UMP Modified event at Kankakee rained out

KANKAKEE, Ill. - June 11, 2015 - Jeff Curl kept the pressure on Nick Allen Thursday night in the DIRTcar Summit Racing Equipment Modified Nationals at Kankakee County Speedway when Allen's UMP Modified went high in turns 3 and 4 with a mechanical problem on lap 11, forcing Allen to the pits.

Curl, of Fairbury, Ill., assumed the lead and held off Steven Brooks and Kenny Wallace to the checkered flag to become the fourth different winner during this year's tour. Bob Pohlman and Ray Bollinger rounded out the top five.

"Lapped traffic was there and I didn't want to give up my line. We've won the Summit Nationals here three out of the last four years here. I have no idea why this track is so nice to us during the Summit Nationals. I can't win on a regular night here, might as well save it for a special night! … Summit Nationals wins are hard to come by and I'm glad I got one."

Click here for highlights of Thursday night's race.

There were 20 UMP Modifieds entered in the event. After narrowly beating weather on Thursday, tonight's DIRTcar Summit Racing Equipment Modified Nationals race at Kankakee has been rained out.

Follow the Summer Nationals and DIRTcar Summit Modified Nationals on Twitter @SummerNationals or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/SummerNationals, or visit the series' websites at www.TheHellTour.com and www.ModifiedNationals.com.

DIRTcar Summit Racing Equipment Modified Nationals Statistical Report; Kankakee (Ill.) County Speedway; June 11, 2015

A-MAIN (25 LAPS) - 1. (12) Jeff Curl, Fairbury, IL ($1,000); 2. (5) Steven Brooks, New Lenox, IL; 3. (36) Kenny Wallace, Concord, NC; 4. (1W) Bob Pohlman, Oaklawn, IL; 5. (77) Ray Bollinger, Kewanee, IL; 6. (36L) Jamie Lomax, Lake Village, IN; 7. (24Z) Zeke McKenzie, Claypool, IN; 8. (6B) Dave Baldwin, Perrysville, IN; 9. (66) Phil LIne, Kankakee, IL; 10. (28T) Dane Tilstra, Onarga, IL; 11. (59N) Chad Evans, Mattoon, IL; 12. (10) Shawn Scripter, Peotone, IL; 13. (80) Rich Dawson, Kouts, IN; 14. (37) Devin Wright, Rensselher, IN; 15. (16) Nicholas Lueth, Grand Ridge, IL; 16. (89W) Rick Weitekamp, Springfield, IL; 17. (36K) Kevin Hastings, Kankakee, IL; 18. (21A) Nick Allen, Wheatfield, IN; 19. (G1) Gabe Menser, Ashmore, IL; 20. (35) Jason Hastings, Kankakee, IL (DNS).

HEAT RACE WINNERS: Jeff Curl and Nick Allen.

Archived