Date: Saturday, June 13, 2015
Venue: Gateway Motorsports Park - 1.25 Mile Oval
Length: 160 laps / 200 miles
Time: 8:30 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1
Owners Points Position: 12th
Brandon Jones
No. 33 MasterForce Chevrolet
Drivin' For Linemen 200 Event Preview - Gateway Motorsports Park

Westward Bound The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) heads west to Gateway Motorsports Park in Madison, Ill. for the eighth race of the season. Brandon Jones, driver of the No. 33 MasterForce Chevrolet for GMS Racing, will make his debut at the 1.25-mile track the same day he is set to graduate from Lake Norman High School. Jones NASCAR education continues Saturday, as he makes his fourth start on a track larger than one mile.

Looking Ahead Jones and the No. 33 MasterForce team look for redemption after an on-track incident early in the race at Texas Motor Speedway prevented them from improving on their eighth and 13th-place finishes at Charlotte and Dover, respectively. In five starts, Jones has picked up two top-15 finishes and one top-10 result. Following the fifth of 17 scheduled events for Jones, he is ninth in Sunoco Rookie of the Year standings, while the No. 33 truck sits 12th in NCWTS Owner Standings.

Gateway Chassis Choice Crew chief Shane Huffman has selected chassis No. 024 for Saturdays event. Jones piloted the same Chevrolet at Martinsville (Va.) Speedway in March, where he ran just outside the top five for nearly half the race before a spin in turn two put him one lap down. In that event, Jones made his way back to the lead lap and finished 15th in his first NCWTS start of the 2015 season.

Tune-In Alert GMS Racing hosts a weekly webcast series as a behind-the-scenes experience for fans. "Before the Green Flag" features race previews and storylines leading up to race weekends with interviews from drivers and all of the personalities that make up GMS Racing. Before the Green Flag can be found on the GMSracing.net Multimedia page, GMS Racings Youtube Channel, and at GMSRacingLLC on Facebook and Twitter.

Meet Brandon Jones is scheduled to participate in the NCWTS driver autograph session on June 13th from 3:15-4:00 p.m. CT.

BRANDON JONES QUOTE:
On high school graduation and his first start at Gateway Motorsports Park:

First, I want to thank everyone at Lake Norman High School for working with me and supporting me in both my formal education and professional driving career; Im leaving LNHS, but will always remember what they did for me. Im looking forward to running at Gateway. I think our No. 33 MasterForce Chevrolet will be pretty fast there. Weve had a lot of speed in the last few races and this is the same truck we took to Martinsville (Speedway) where we ran near the top five for almost half the race, so I dont expect that to be any different this week. The largest tracks I could run at last year were the flat tracks Martinsville, New Hampshire, Phoenix and Ive gotten some of my best finishes at those places. With Gateway also being a relatively flat track, Im looking to draw on that experience when we get on the Gateway track.

Archived