Team Contest (side pot) for Hudgeons Memorial Race

texana55

I have posted this same message on my Facebook page and the Texana Facebook page.. Please help spread the word. I am assisting Bruce Tesch who wants to generate more money for the Hudgeons Memorial Scholarship Fund specifically and this is aside from the donation the track is making to the scholarship fund, aside from anything to do with the purse, etc... Thus what you will read below is about a side pot and extra scholarship fund generation by a couple of people and is not being managed by the track itself. However, I have discussed with Zach and have his approval to do this....

As you may know the scholarship fund itself is about awarding as many scholarships as possible to graduating seniors each year... So, her ya go... Assemble you a team of four drivers/cars for the big race on July 11th. Each team will have a cost of $500 (ie; $125 per driver/car). Once you determine your team of four and have commitments, send me a PM to advise of your team name and who your four will be. I will hold the information. On July 11th, I will collect $500 from each team via a team representative (so someone take the lead for the team and get all of the money together. We don't want it in pieces. Money needs to be in total at hand off to us from each team). All teams must be paid up before the start of the drivers meeting. Teams will be announced at the drivers meeting. No money paid before the drivers meeting means no team! We will calculate total number of teams x $500 collected from each team and designate half of the funds collected to the scholarship fund. We will let everyone know how much this is at the drivers meeting. We will present half of the money collected to Ms. Hudgeons for the scholarship fund during intermission/event ceremonies. The other half of the funds will be held and will be won by the team of four that has the highest points upon completion of the A-Main and tech is completed for official finishing order. If a team member doesn't make the A-Main, don't sweat it, your team still has a mathematical chance of winning depending on finishing order of the teammates who are in the A-Main. If a teammate is not in the A-Main, that is zero points. Points can only be acquired for those cars in the A-Main. For those entered in the contest, the cars starting the A-Main will be awarded points based on the official finishing position after tech with 1st being 25 points, 2nd at 24 points, 3rd at 23 points, etc...

Example of scoring scenario - Team A has official finishers in 3rd, 7th, 18th and 25th... 3rd=23 points, 7th=19 points, 18th=8 points, 25th=1 point.... Team total score is 23+19+8+1= 51 total points for the team.

If we have six teams entered, that means a total of $3,000 collected. $1,500 would go to the scholarship fund and $1,500 would go to the winning team in a lump sum and the teammates can split it up. More teams means more money for the scholarship fund and more money for the winning team along with bragging rights. Your team can be assembled with your friends, those who are normally your toughest competitors, or maybe those you really don't like but think they would be good as a teammate strategically, etc.. It is your call what you define as a team. Four of you convene and determine who your team is. We suggest you move quickly though to form a team. Again, PM me with your team name and the four on your team and remember if money is not in my hand before start of drivers meeting, there is no team..

I will provide some information periodically on this subject as we move along.

As of this morning (less than 12 hours after the original idea was formed) I am aware of five teams being formed at this time. My prediction will be seven or eight teams total when completed. If more, great!!!!!

As noted, we will hold back (at least a while) on revealing who is on what team. But, I can reaffirm that there are at least five teams in formation as of this morning and one I can tell you that one of the teams being formed is under the direction of Ms Sandra Hudgeons. Will be interested to see what Sandra names her team... You go girl!

Update on team formations after only 24 hours of information out there in the universe. I have received three formalized teams that include the team name, team captain and list of drivers. I am aware of a fourth team that is working to finalize who the fourth driver will be and then that one will be done. There are at least three others teams which I am aware of working through negotiations to iron out their teams. Once I feel that we have a good assembly of enough teams rolling, I will start sharing a bit of information to give some hints. And, we can have as many teams as y'all can assemble. If we can pull down 10 or 15 total teams, great! That means more money for the scholarship fund and more money for the winner take all pot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As of press time on Wednesday evening (7/8/15 @1900 hours), we have six teams submitted for the exciting Team Contest at the $5,000 to win Hudgeons Memorial Race at Texana Raceway Park. With six teams it will be $1,500 handed to the Scholarship Committee for the scholarship fund at intermission and $1,500 to the winning team. The teams as of this writing are as follows:

Sandra's A...-Team: Captain - Sandra Hudgeons.... Drivers - Chris Shafer, GW Hessong, David Meredith, 4th driver tbd
Bad Company: Captain - Howard Willis..... Drivers - Howard Willis, John O. Whittington, Tracy Denby Jr., Shane Hebert
Allgayer's Aces: Captain - Jeff Allgayer....... Drivers- Lawrence Mikulencak, Stormy Scott, Wade Moyer, Craig Oakes
Team 89 Motorsports: Captain - Carlton "Dewey" Albrecht....... Drivers - Steven Whiteaker Jr., JJ Jennings, Dustin Butcher, Shane Hoefling
Team Rock Motters: Captain - Donny Cowan..... Drivers - Mickey Helms, Trice Hermes, Vince Louden, Bo Beckner

The Brother In Laws (B.I.L.): Captain - Fran Collins..... Drivers - Randy "Bubba" Seals, Kenneth "KMO" Montgomery, Stacey Tyler, Justin Collins

Archived