CARS Tour "Don't Tread on Me 250" May 30 at Southern Natio

CARS Tour Event Preview powered by KRC Power Steering: Don’t Tread on Me 250 presented by MMIA – Southern National Motorsports Park - 7PM, May 30, 2015

MOORESVILLE, NC (May 26, 2015): The return to Southern National this weekend will mark the first time this season that the CARS Tour will revisit a track previously competed at dating back to the tour’s inaugural event on March 28th.

The headlines from that event were stolen by a pair of “young guns” in the form of Cole Timm (SLM) and Todd Gilliland (LMSC) who picked up the first ever victories handed out by CARS Tour officials.

Since that time a plethora of knowledge has been gained amongst fellow competitors about the new American Racer tire the tour utilizes; increasing the level of competition dramatically since that first green flag. Warmer temperatures and a seasoned race track, compared to the green facility that met drivers in March, should offer a whole different type of race experience this go around for fans and competitors alike.

In addition to a great night of racing, the tour has partnered with Military Missions in Action to celebrate Military Appreciation Month during the month of May, offering special tickets discounts to active and retired military as well as honoring those in attendance.

Don’t Tread on Me 250 pres. by Military Missions in Action NOTES & QUOTES

NOTES:
Track/Location: Southern National Motorsports Park-Lucama, NC

Track Size: 0.400 miles
Event Name: Don’t Tread on Me 250 pres. by Military Missions in Action Laps/Distance: 125/50 miles (each)
Event Schedule: 12:30PM-2:45PM Practice, 4:30PM Qualifying, 6PM Last Chance Races, 7PM Green: LMSC-SLM
Twitter Handle/Event Hashtag: @CARSTour / @SNM_Park / #DontTreadonMe250

CARS SLM Tour Pre Entered Drivers: #00 Lucas Ransone, #2 Trevor Noles, #4 Brandon Lynn, #6 Brandon Setzer, #12 Harrison Burton, #12C Garrett Campbell, #14D Chris Davidson, #16 Lucas Jones, #17 Quinn Houff, #18 Kiel Spaulding, #25 Stephen Leicht, #25K Ross Kenseth, #31 Kyle Grissom, #40 Grant Galloway, #45 Joey Moochachara, #51 Christopher Bell, #51N Stephen Nasse, #54 Matthew Craig, #56 Gus Dean, #57 Cole Timm, #66 Steve Wallace, #67 Clay Jones, #71 Nick Robinson, #77 Zane Smith, #88 Garrett Jones (25 total)

CARS LMSC Tour Pre Entered Drivers: #08 Deac McCaskill, #07 Clint King, #2 Myatt Snider, #7 Justin Crider, #12M Austin McDaniel, #16 Jeff Oakley, #16S RD Smith, #23 Donnie Puryear Jr, #27 Tommy Lemons Jr, #28 Chris Hudspeth, #31 Thomas Beane, #41 Brayton Haws, #42 Craig Stallard, #54 Michael Fose, #58 Tyler Ankrum, #59 Roddey Sterling, #77 Blake Stallings, #88 Chris Davis, #88T Robert Tyler, #98G Todd Gilliland, #99 Mike Darne (21 total)

***Official Entry Deadline Not Until Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 4PM***

Media Coverage:
-Speed51 (speed51.com) will provide LIVE Trackside Now Live Updates
-RACEFEEDX (www.racefeedx.com) – LIVE Pay per View Video Coverage
-CARS Tour Facebook (facebook.com/CARSTour) and Twitter (@CARSTour)
-Race 22 (race22.com) will provide LIVE Twitter Updates (@race22)

QUOTES:
Honoring those Who Allow Us to Race:
The CARS Tour has teamed up with Military Missions in Action (MMIA) for this weekend’s race at Southern National to honor and recognize veterans as part of Military Appreciation Month in May. The event, deemed the “Don’t Tread on Me 250” will have a patriotic atmosphere with a color guard and several military special guest in attendance from the area’s strong military presence. Mike Dorman, founder and director of Military Missions in Action, knows the strong ties the motorsports industry has to the military so a partnership to recognize and honor those allowing us to race in freedom today seemed only fitting for the month of May.

“Military Missions in Action is proud to be partnering with the CARS Tour at Southern National to honor our men and woman in uniform. This military appreciation race is a great way to honor our veterans and bring attention to our veteran’s needs.” Mike Dorman-Founder/Director for Military Missions in Action

Local Favorite Clay Jones Excited to Return Home:

One of the biggest draws of the CARS Tour is the ability for local teams and drivers to compete with their weekly machines when the stars of the touring series come to town. Clay Jones from nearby Goldsboro, North Carolina is no exception. Despite traveling with the tour this season, he and the Curtis Venable owned #67 team still have an affinity for their home track, plus some extra pressure and local knowledge of the high banks at Southern National. Jones sits 14th in points coming into the weekend’s event.

“We have learned a lot so far this season. All of our guys are used to the late model stock stuff but we are progressing with the super and bumpstops, learning what to change to make it do what we want it to do. We are getting there. We had a good run last time at Kenly and are hoping we can improve this time with a top five, top three finish, or maybe even be there for a chance to win. I think the track will just lose some of the grip it had in March with the colder temperatures. It shouldn’t be a real big difference, but I’m just ready to get back out there. We’ve changed a lot of stuff and are trying some new things for this race so hopefully it all pays off. ” -- #67 Clay Jones – Wearcrete Concrete Polishing / C&C Motorsports Ford Super Late Model

Limited to CAR Tour Late Model Stock at SNMP:
Michael Fose was a relative newcomer to the late model stock car racing with the CARS Tour in 2015. A former Limited Late Model Rookie of the Year at Southern National, the driver of the #54 Fose Properties Chevrolet sits 13th in the standings coming into Saturday night. Unlike CARS Tour events where competitors start the event on grippier, new or “sticker” tires, Fose cut his teeth at the Lucama track riding on used tires that tend to be slicker, especially in hotter weather like teams are expecting this weekend

“Running on the used rubber in a limited at Southern National isn’t the same as new tires, of course, but I’m fortunate enough to have a good team (Wendell Davis and Matt McCall) helping me so our car is really good on the long run, but it’s all about saving tires over 125 laps. Yes, I think running the limited car will help me a lot this weekend when the track gets slick and greasy; I have a lot of seat time at Southern National. We have a goal, of course, to win but we have been fighting qualifying poorly so I’m hoping to get a good qualifying run because track position means a lot towards getting a solid run there.” – #54 Michael Fose – Fose Properties Chevrolet Late Model Stock Car

For more information and to stay up with all the latest news and information about the CARS Tour, featuring both Late Model Stock Car and Super Late Model divisions, visit www.carsracingtour.com or contact the tour’s office directly at 704-662-9212. Stay social with the tour by “liking” the CARS Tour Facebook page and following along on Twitter @CARSTour.

Archived