Jackson and Stovall top Show-Me 100 Preliminary eEvents

NickHolt

Jackson and Stovall Top Show-Me 100 Preliminary Events

WHEATLAND, MO (May 22, 2015) - Missouri natives, Tony Jackson Jr. and Jesse Stovall will make up the front row for Saturday Night's $30,000-to-win, 23rd Annual Lucas Oil Show-Me 100 -presented by ProtectTheHarvest.com at Lucas Oil Speedway. Both were heat race winners in Friday Night's preliminary action.

Jackson and Stovall are both looking to become only the second driver from Missouri to win the Show-Me 100. Back in 1999, Terry Phillips of Springfield, became the only home state driver to win the event.

Stovall dominate the first heat race of the night, leading all 20 circuits. Billy Moyer Jr. held off Scott Bloomquist; a five-time Show-Me 100 winner; to take the runner-up spot.

Jackson; the 2013 Lucas Oil MLRA Champion; blasted away from the field in heat number two to take the victory. Dennis Erb Jr. charged from his fourth starting spot to take second followed by Shannon Babb, who also transferred.

Brian Shirley captured heat race number three by holding off a hard-charging Jared Landers. Defending Show-Me 100 winner and Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series National Champion, Don O'Neal grabbed the third and final transfer spot.

Three-time Show-Me 100 winner, Billy Moyer made his debut in a new Victory Chassis and outdueled Chris Brown in heat number four. Moyer is looking for this first Show-Me 100 victory since 1996 and will start fourth in Saturday night's main event. Earl Pearson Jr.; the current Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series points leader; finished third and held off current Lucas Oil MLRA points leader, Ryan Gustin for the final transfer position.

Jonathan Davenport; who is seeking his first career crown-jewel victory; outdueled Kent Robinson and Shane Essary in heat number five.

The sixth and final heat race saw youngster Devin Moran scoring the win to qualify for his first-ever Show-Me 100. Austin Siebert also transferred to his first career crown-jewel event, taking the second position ahead of Jacks Sullivan, who charged from his eighth starting spot to secure the third and final transfer position.

In preliminary action, Jesse Stovall set the overall Miller Welders Fast Time (Group A) amongst the 80 entrants, with a lap of 15.962 seconds. Billy Moyer set the fastest time in Group B with a time of 16.093 seconds. Jesse Stovall, Tony Jackson Jr., Brian Shirley, Billy Moyer, Jonathan Davenport, and Devin Moran won their respective heat races. Billy Moyer won the Hot Rod Tracker Manufacturers' Dash for Cash. Billy Moyer won the Lucas Oil Products Race of Champions.

On Saturday night, consolation events for the LOLMDS and the Modifieds will be held, plus the Midwest Sheet Metal Show-Me Challenge. The top-24 drivers that did not transfer into the Show-Me 100 (via preliminary events) will be eligible to start the $2,000 to win, $250 to start, non-qualifiers race - held prior to the Show-Me 100 main event. The winner of the 20-lap, Midwest Sheet Metal Show-Me Challenge has the choice of keeping their $2,000 winnings, or forfeiting their earnings to start last in the main event. The

Lucas Oil Show-Me 100 main event will follow the Midwest Sheet Metal Show-Me Challenge on Saturday night. The Pitts Homes Modifieds will cap off the weekend action with their $1,000-to-win main event.

For the latest breaking news on the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series, log onto www.lucasdirt.com and follow the series at www.facebook.com/lucasdirt, www.twitter.com/lucasdirt, and www.instagram.com/lucasdirt.

Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series
Race Summary
Friday, May 22nd, 2015
Lucas Oil Show-Me 100 - Presented by ProtectTheHarvest.com
Lucas Oil Speedway - Wheatland, MO

Miller Welders Fast Time Group A: Jesse Stovall / 15.962 seconds
Miller Welders Fast Time Group B: Billy Moyer / 16.093 seconds

Eibach Springs Heat Race #1 Finish (20 Laps, Top 3 Transfer): Jesse Stovall, Billy Moyer, Jr., Scott Bloomquist, Jason Utter, Jimmy Owens, Chris Spieker, Wendell Wallace, Jason O'Brien, Brandon Sheppard, Timothy Culp, Charlie LaPlant, Randy Roth, Cliff Morrow, Bryon Allison

FK Rod Ends Heat Race #2 Finish (20 Laps, Top 3 Transfer): Tony Jackson, Jr., Dennis Erb, Jr., Shannon Babb, Terry Phillips, Jim Shereck, Kip Hughes, Robert Baker, Randy Timms, Cole Wells, JC Wyman, Jon Driskill, Steve Johnson, Brian Schutt

Simpson Performance Products Heat Race #3 Finish (20 Laps, Top 3 Transfer): Brian Shirley, Jared Landers, Don O'Neal, Eddie Carrier, Jr., Jimmy Mars, Brandon McCormick, Jeremy Payne, Kyle Beard, Kyle Berck, Mark Dotson, Jason Rauen, Cody Holtkamp, Junior Coover

QA1 Heat Race #4 Finish (10 Laps, Top 3 Transfer): Billy Moyer, Chris Brown, Earl Pearson, Jr., Ryan Gustin, Bobby Pierce, Hunter Rasdon, Cole Farmer, RC Whitwell, Levi Kissinger, Jeff Roth, Matt Johnson, Gavin Landers, Dan Shepherd, Will Vaught

Eibach Springs Heat Race #5 Finish (20 Laps, Top 3 Transfer): Jonathan Davenport, Kent Robinson, Shane Essary, Jake O'Neil, Chad Simpson, Chris Simpson, Garrett Alberson, Jason Bodenhamer, Austin Rettig, Brad Looney, Darin Busch, Chad Wheeler, Richard Kimberling

FK Rod Ends Heat Race #6 Finish (20 Laps, Top 3 Transfer): Devin Moran, Austin Siebert, Jack Sullivan, Jason Papich, Scott Lewis, Randy Weaver, Dave Eckrich, Brantlee Gotschall, Dustin Walker, Jacob Magee, Colby Johnson, Steve Francis, Jason Feger

HotRod Tracker Manufacturers' Dash for Cash Finish: Billy Moyer, Devin Moran, Scott Bloomquist, Shannon Babb, Jesse Stovall, Billy Moyer Jr., Jimmy Mars, Dennis Erb Jr., Charlie LaPlant, JC Wyman, Tony Jackson Jr.

Lucas Oil Products Race of Champions Finish: Billy Moyer, Devin Moran, Scott Bloomquist, Shannon Babb, Jesse Stovall, Billy Moyer Jr., Jimmy Mars, Dennis Erb Jr., Charlie LaPlant, JC Wyman, Tony Jackson Jr.

post-3-0-35233600-1432416520_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-27976700-1432416527_thumb.jpg

Archived