How bad is NASCAR now?

arob

I grew up on asphalt. Aspalt racing these days...all around...is just plain boring. Put em back on skinny tires and make em drive the thing. Why I converted to dirt. It was an adjustment, but now I love it. Especially a dry slick track...let's see who can wheel a car and control the HP's.

And yes...putting the fast cars up front every race doesn't help much. I spent all my time coming from the back and it was FUN!

I think I remember in ROMCO's last couple of seasons, they offered the pole sitter double winnings if he would start at the back. If he didn't win he got a passing bonus.

A Nascar question. Someone gave me a tape of the World 600 from Monday. They edited out commercials and the race shows coming back from commercial at lap 15. Did they miss the start on the live broadcast or is this tape goofy?

Skipper

Well they get last pit at Dover! You know in hockey,the other sport I love, when a player behaves badly and is looking at a suspension one of the factors considered is if he is a repeat offender or not.If so the suspensions are longer.If this was taken in cosideration for Knaus/ Johnson they wouldn't see a race for months!

Over saturation of everything NASCAR…every time you turn around they have some silly show on TV leading up to race day..or the 4 or 5 shows after the race…. They have used the term “Asphalt Circus” and they are correct!

Archived