Finally made it up there for the first time in several years and I guess I brought the rain with me.Blame Arob! One thing I saw that kinda concerned me was when the race cars were drying the track I noticed a lot of drivers without helmets and firesuits.Now at low speeds I guess thats ok( although I think if you are on the track you should be suited up) but as the track dried speeds picked up.Some of the 4 cylinders were going pretty fast with helmetless drivers..Then a mod was going pretty slow going into 1 and a truck was flying down the front straight and almost hit the mod.If the mod had not seen him coming and goosed it I think he would had got hit pretty hard.Truck driver had no suit or helmet on. Maybe I'm overeacting .

I guarantee you that was an isolated incident! The flag men will jump off there roost and slap a hole in ur head if they see anything wrong. I've accidently went out without my window net up (in practice) and they've gotten me pulled over quickly.

I see yalls concerns though and understand what your saying.

Ivan, those cars were out a good 20-50 laps before they were waving them off. I know it's an extenuating circumstance and yes we've seen it at dirt tracks too during the roll in process and hate it there too. Every track rules and drivers meeting they usually address the safety issues. Glad nothing happened, but if it would have and a driver was hurt...Bye bye CTS.

Arob not an over reaction .there were some dipsticks out there .One white grandstock sticks in my mind . he came out and right in front of me in turn two while we both knowing that part was still wet he decided to test his traction control or driving skills i have seen his driving skills last year that leaves a lot of space to ponder ,,but which ever you want to call it with an over throttle move [ i could hear his motor and see the tire spin ] and spun right in front of me down into the mud i looked eye to eye with him with my dipstick look i have to be nice here cuz i have better wording that is not correct with the policy of speedzone you get my point, .thought for a moment i need a better bumper case he hit me ,i have very good brakes on that 04 dodge pic her up ..hey i did get her up to 30 mph once for shame ,.i suppose you did not notice the 8 car running the motor out there he did not try stupid stuff on slicks using some common sense and yes he was guilty of not buckle in nore safety equipment on not using common sense, i sent him out there .. ..your point is taken.

There were maybe two that were buckled and geared and like you said, your driver was cuising just putting heat on the track, don't think he ever got on the gas.

NO he did not in any shape others were .and i was worried he would load the engine going that slow lap after lap it is not built for going slow, large cam and higher fuel mixture for 8000 plus rpm racing ....glad when he did pull off .

I was just getting temp into the motor the first time out after pulling the head off. The second time i went out i was fully geared with helmet suit neck brace and buckled in tight

As for loading it up putting around i did have to down shift a few times when the track lost the tire he was dragging and i did clear the carb a few times the second time we went out

Archived