Sure dont look good current radar looks nasty . will be a big big bummer if it does not clear up and forecast shows the same through sunday ...car is ready and we are dieing to burn some rubber at cts ..6 hour tow a few times this year already just dont cut it when all you are doing is practice ....through with that want to practice in a race and see where we are at against others .....

Was talking with Alan about this weather deal at CTS and he said that the chances for rain on Saturday are pretty high. But, like all good meteorologists, he said that it is not a 100% chance yet...

Sometimes CTS misses big rain events as if by magic, but this stuff we've been having lately is pretty much widespread throughout Central/South Texas.

We all need our racing fix, but if the parking lot is unusable or the infield a swamp, it's almost a sure financial disaster for the track.

We can always hope that the sun comes out all day today and stays warm and sunny and breezy for the rest of the week.

Nick

WOULD never suggest they ever open with weather like this if the chances are like it is now ..wishful thinking it would go away .. .i tried to do a go away rain dance today .must have had the wrong steps cuz it is now raining at my house .but but if it would draw the rain from kyle .ill keep doing it ,want to join in nick , we are going to hold off loading friday till around noon .plan on coming up that afternoon ...

We are monitoring the weather closely and hopefully it will hold out for us. I'm a wannabe weatherman as well as all my other hobbies so I am keeping a close eye. As we mentioned just keep posted here as well as Facebook if you use that and we will keep everyone posted on what's going on.

We are monitoring the weather closely and hopefully it will hold out for us. I'm a wannabe weatherman as well as all my other hobbies so I am keeping a close eye. As we mentioned just keep posted here as well as Facebook if you use that and we will keep everyone posted on what's going on.

every ten minutes i want an update... we have had so much rain a spit ball will flood a street ..we just got about 2 inches and flooded most the area here .. had to go out and find a safe rout for my wife to get her home .took her an hour to go 12 miles .

I think it's going to be hit or miss at the track. Looks like there is no rain there for a couple hours now and what did fall was light. We're going down in a bit. Eric will be practicing and I'll just be there, gotta get some more tires on my car before I run any more laps..

We had quite a heavy shower here at CTS around 2:15 until 3 pm.... The track is tryong to dry things up at the present time. Radar shows there is a dry couple of hours if no other showers pop up all of a sudden.

Here are a few pics from earlier with the drying up stuff still taking place as I type.

post-3-0-30787300-1432413707_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-08701100-1432413722_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-14957300-1432413737_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-12855500-1432413751_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-46024200-1432413807_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-99892400-1432413836_thumb.jpg

They brought in a big pump truck and are attempting to suck up the biggest problem areas. you have to give CTS a big A+ for effort on this one...

post-3-0-38559500-1432418391_thumb.jpg

But even as I type, it starts to sprinkle a bit... and getting darker as you can see in this pic

post-3-0-96347300-1432418554_thumb.jpg

And we just were informed that the races have been stopped due to lightning and another heavy shower.. .CTS did their level best to get this one in but it just wasnt going to be..

Archived