James Huff's interviews and pics from the $5K to-win HMP race

NickHolt

James Huff did his part, but I couldn't figure out how to upload his interviews during the live updates, so I'm going to post all eight of them - one at a time - along with the pics he took to go with the interviews.

You will have to download the interview MP3 file in order to play it. Here's the one he did with the legendary Freddy Fryar >>> 702_0186.MP3

And the pic...

post-3-0-58438400-1432044607_thumb.jpg

That' Freddy standing next to HMP Chief Tech Ricky Brooks and long time racer Denny Burton. As far as I'm concerned, Freddy Fryar is the best asphalt short track driver that ever strapped in a race car.

James caught up with "Flying" Ryan Luza before the big race. Ryan and Jared Fryar got caught up in a lap 54 incident and had too much damage to continue, but was running strong before that all happened.

post-3-0-75951700-1432046619_thumb.jpg

Click to download the interview >>>> 702_0183.MP3

Thad Felton and Crew Chief Doug Lege teamed up to take the #29 down off the jack stands after sitting to 8 years to run this big money event. Thad was running with the leaders until that lap 54 incident with Fryar.

post-3-0-82306300-1432047167_thumb.jpg

Click on the file to download Thad's interview >>>> 702_0187.MP3

Chris Davidson and eventual winner Jake Kruger put on an awesome display of clean, fast Pro Late Model racing for 68 laps of the 75 lap "Patriot Motors 75." Chris ended up on the wrong end of an incident that was not of his own making and had to retire his #14 which will need at least a new clip.

post-3-0-60159800-1432048520_thumb.jpg

Chris has been around a long time, but remember him running around the pits at San Antonio Speedway where his father, the legendary Greg Davidson, won many a feature.

Here's Chris' interview with James. >>>> 702_0182.MP3

Archived