Compression Testing

I found this today:

Per Linn Benton College:

Compression Testing

Here are the steps to performing a safe and reliable Compression Test on a gasoline engine.
Step #1 - Warm the engine to normal operating temperature.
Step #2 - Disable the Fuel and Ignition System
Step #3 - Remove ALL spark Plugs
Step #4 - Hold the throttle plate wide open
Step #5 - Install compression tester and crank engine through five compression cycles
Step #6 - Record the "first puff" and final compression pressure reading for each cylinder
Step #7 - Analyze your test results

It should of been better explained in rules if this was going to be done this way.. How's a person that wants to make sure he's legal before the season starts supposed to check his or her car.. I did what rules state car checks out perfect.. With this reinvented way I'm 5 over actually 15 pounds more than common way.. I'm legal for sos but the same car / motor is illegal a sts.. Isn't this what all those rule changes were about?

Who knows, didn't even know they had a Pure Stock meeting. Either way, I agree with the methods being listed but if it's illegal, it's illegal. Would be a little odd to have a different rule between the two tracks since some of the drivers are running both. Guess we could be glad they're even teching at all. Hopefully this hasn't cost the track any drivers.

Archived