Looking at the series

Ok, Ive worked a deal and managed to get my hands on a modified. My question is, how economical is this series? If I throw a crate motor in my car do I have a shot at being competetive or am I gonna get absolutely destroyed? I understand there is alot that goes into setup to be competetive im just curious how guys are doing with the crate motors, ive heard they are good and Ive heard to be in the ball park they have to be doctored. That leads me to my next question, is the TALMS tech program effective or is a run what ya brung class? I know that by me posing that question I am opening a can of worms and I am sorry. Im just trying to decide if this is a class I would be interested in running or if i should just go to the dirt track. Any information would be appreciated. If anyone would rather pm feel free, I can also be reached at 409-658-7602.

is the TALMS tech program effective or is a run what ya brung class?

Just entered my 1st TALMS event recently at CTS. In pre-race tech they informed me the distance between the spoiler bracer and the sailpanel, which is supposed to be 3”, was too narrow. I think mine, on one side was ~2-1/2”, the other side ~2-3/4”.

This, to me at least, is a pretty good indicator that it’s not a “run what ya brung class”

You’ll probably get some feedback here, but go to their FaceBook page. Lots of attention there.

We've had very successful cars win races and championships with crate motors. Shawn Paul Lehman, Colt James, and Lyndon Kirk all had very very fast cars with crates. We also have a very good tech man. We don't want to dq anyone but if there's something illegal a disqualification will happen. Good tech is a key to a successful series in my opinion

is the TALMS tech program effective or is a run what ya brung class?

Just entered my 1st TALMS event recently at CTS. In pre-race tech they informed me the distance between the spoiler bracer and the sailpanel, which is supposed to be 3, was too narrow. I think mine, on one side was ~2-1/2, the other side ~2-3/4.

This, to me at least, is a pretty good indicator that its not a run what ya brung class

Youll probably get some feedback here, but go to their FaceBook page. Lots of attention there.

I looked for the 3" panel to spoiler rule on TALMS, did not find that in there.

i went to the rules link and it didnt pull up any body diagrams on my phone. i cut mine down anyway. im still wondering what the purpose of that rule is. i guess so they dont resemble a big mod? didnt find any section on engine cooling either.

Archived