2015 STS PURE STOCK RULES

WATERBOY

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

THESE RULES MAKE NO SENSE AT ALL.................YOUR GONNA TAKE A CLASS THAT RAN A DECENT NUMBER OF CARS WEEK IN AND WEEK OUT AND KILL THAT CLASS..................I SAY LEAVE THE SAME RULES IN PLACE AS 2014....IF NOT YOU ARE GOING TO BE WATCHING 2 CARS RACE, LETS SEE HOW YOU FAN BASE LIKES THAT!!!!!!!!!!

YOURS TRULY,

MR. DUNCAN B) B)

Why would any track owner/track management want to intensionally aggravate the drivers of a particular race car class by drastically changing the rules of that class. What could the track owner/manager possible motive be? Why wouldn't the smart thing to have done in this particular pure stock class would have been to have a meeting with all of the possible drivers of that class after last season & ask them what rules they wanted to run by with majority vote ruling. I just can't think of one single thing that the track gains by imposing these rules changes just for the sake of change. The only thing that the track. has going for them is the love of these drivers for the sport of racing & without them they only have an empty race track. These drivers are the ones putting on the show & not the track owner & or manager.

Well it is what it is.The answer will come on opening night ,whenever that is.The rules were set to match Shady Oaks.Shady Oaks would not change theirs and why should they.They were getting 20+ at times too.The plus side to the changes is STS cars can run at SOS and TRP under this package.I know of a few that are just converting to Street Stock. If STS can get enough new cars to replace the ones leaving all will be well.Time will tell.

If they wanna race elsewhere they will have to go by these rules. I agree this should had been grandfathered in like STSSS did to conform the Street Stocks.I know what you are saying and agree for the most part.But as STP grows,and I have no doubt it will,the common set of rules probably will eventually what they are now.I think before STS could get away with being their own.But last year saw an increase in $1000+ to win big payouts for Pure Stocks.$1500 in two weeks.At the Shootout in Dec you had STS Pures ,some with the rules like now and whatever you wanna call what theHouston guys were running.Could it had been done better? Yes. But eventually it was gonna come.

Arob: What do you mean by your statement about STS growing? All the cost of possible future growth is being put on the current pure stock drivers & not the track. Why not take care of what you have now & the ones that have supported the track in the past instead of gambling on some new drivers that may or may not appear in the future.

I hope STS grows.I absolutely loved the last ten years or so.They seem to take a starting over approach this year so racers are gonna have to adjust is all I am saying.I would think as STP grows and puts up more of these big purse races they will adopt the rules most tracks are racing.If STS racers don't want to participate in those events fine.STS should had transitioned the past Pure Stocks this year I agree with that instead of making so many illegal in one swoop.Like I said opening night and the next few races after will set the tone.

I have been reading this thread, Somehow ya'll have been misinformed or have not read the rules. The rules are posted on the www.stxspeedwayracing.com site. The rules have three grandfather clauses already in them. The only two changes you may have to make is to put a 2 barrel on if your not running one and remove your spoiler.

All this talk of ABC posts and interior etc are ok if you weigh 3,400lbs. These are not big changes guys.

Ken Hobbs

Archived