2015 rules limited mod's and pure stock

zamie

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can take the cost out of it don't race done and 10,000 for a pure stock what ever there are still rule is it your money no then don't even wheree about it we all know racing is not cheap and a beginner class does not run $110 tires lock rearends quick steer racing springs if you want cheap pay $12 like I do and seat in the stands

Reading this thread reminds me of what has happened to ministocks regardless of what their called.Every time a series grew to a substantial number people petitioned for rule changes.Unfortunately most promoters caved and rules started changing.The result was the people you never hear from just gave up.If truly an entry level(I hat that beginner definition)A lot of these folks put all they had into their program and are faced with having to keep investing just to remain the same.In my case it was about Front Wheel Drive V/S Rear Wheel Drive,in your case its about which tracks cars are better examples of what the series is all about.Whats interesting is the comment about buying a clunker,knock out the windows,put the safety stuff and go race.Im curious where you find these doner cars being their at least 25 years old and sport mods are using them for frames and stuff.This narrows the availability of new cars.Thats one reason built cars are becoming the car of choice.All this aside people forget its not the 5 or 6 front running cars that make a series successful.Its the 15 or 20 cars that are lucky to show up and run all nite.These guys never make money racing,never share the glory of winning and are never considered track favorites.Adding items to the cars that costs these guys more just might be the straw that makes it too much.How great is this series with 6 cars?I guarantee it sucks!KEEP IT STOCK,DONT CHANGE RULES or face the same fate the 4 cyl guys ended up with.And Im talking about more than one track.

Another point is whenever a track starts changing rules to accommodate other tracks rules the locals always suffer.Ive always thought a track should concentrate on the locals completely and guests should comply. I wish out President knew this.And with the good car count currently available it does not make sense to me to gamble with success.I really hope you guys dont shoot yourselves in the foot like we did.JMO.Keep it simple.Our most successful days were when the rules were on 1 page.

Also I would like to remind everyone that there is a class where you can go to an impound,salvage auction or backyard and pick up a car that you CAN knock out windows,add safety gear and go race.Its too bad most in Texas dont consider this a viable option because up north they are flourishing.I have seen about a dozen big races paying anywhere to a thousand to ten thousand to win for these little cars at years end.Too bad there so far away.

I hope everything works out,I like watching the Pure Stocks because I can relate to them.Even I can afford one......at least I could.Lets see where it ends up.

I think what the whole deal is is that there is finally going to be some rules to actually go by so now its not just bring your car and race I don't care who wins or how they win as long as I have car count well guess what half your guys that don't have big money to compete have just parked and sit in the stands now that's there actual rules to go by I bet 10/1 half those guys will be back JMO!!! But it all goes back to if you don't like the rules pick another class or don't race period...

Thumper said:

"Another point is whenever a track starts changing rules to accommodate other tracks rules the locals always suffer.Ive always thought a track should concentrate on the locals completely and guests should comply. I wish out President knew this.And with the good car count currently available it does not make sense to me to gamble with success.I really hope you guys dont shoot yourselves in the foot like we did.JMO." You know having tracks with all the same rules sounds good in theory.Thumper is 100% right .All the tracks have big car counts in this class.So whatever they are doing is working for them.STXSSS worked because street stock was declining and needed similarity to grow.Pure Stocks have not go to that point yet.I see that now.SOS and TPS have not changed for quite awhile.SOS refused to change and I don't blame them.STS should not change either as it has been working for years.SOS and TRP are not going to bring cars to STS.STS won't bring many to TRP or SOS.For the big races if you wanna run them you gotta do what you gotta do.Again I bet when the Pure Stock final rules come out I doubt you will see many ,if any,major changes.

All the cars you have built how long have you been racing and what classes have you raced in the only thing I see is going on here is that y'all STS wants certain drivers to move up and that is why y'all STS are backing down the rules not every one can build a car like you I guess I'm talking to the champ a real race car driver does not brag about where his or her car runs a real race car driver shows up to the track and enjoys what he or she does and trys every week all these people want are rules and its sad that no one can answer im going back to fishing

They can change the rules or do whatever they feel they need to do . But as for me I poor boy it . I will go out run what got . I don't have 10000 or a sponsor to pay for everything I enjoy being out there and have fun yes I like to win or go faster but I just do what I can .

I have seen this and so has thumper. Why try and change somthing that is not broke??????? The rules in the pure stock did not need to be changed. This crap about cam rule and 3300 and 3400 and only holley carb and so on is stupid. Rules need to be left the hell alone . Its not going to help anything other then run other drivers off. I just dont want to see another track empty. RGS sure does look very sad

I have seen this and so has thumper. Why try and change somthing that is not broke??????? The rules in the pure stock did not need to be changed. This crap about cam rule and 3300 and 3400 and only holley carb and so on is stupid. Rules need to be left the hell alone . Its not going to help anything other then run other drivers off. I just dont want to see another track empty. RGS sure does look very sad

i agree with it aint broke dont fix it for the most part . .the 7 car of jesse ran close to the front of every race he was in in the big weekend even past some fast cars that he has never past before .nothing really fancy at all done to his car ...had a talk with the driver himself and made changes on his driving style . some said where did you come from what did you do to the car ,,,just plain old driver change ...i agree a minor change can be made to help one way or another .but monkey around to much with something that is working can destroy what you have ...once you lose it it is very hard to get it back .no bunch of drivers want to hear the rules changed for so few that may show up at a time or two during a given season...but the track jumped out there and got chewed on .. .so they adjusted to rules to fit both in hopes it works out for the good . the track seeing it has now opened this up i.m.p needs to get the rules up asap you can see the days of waiting to the last minute does no good .compared to the past the teams need the time to make the changes .dirt season only has a couple of months to get ready for .early start and late into the year runs ... good luck ...

Archived