2015 rules limited mod's and pure stock

zamie

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the 13th and 14th come and gone and still no rules Christmas is right around the corner hopefully the fat man in the red suit can help us out and does anyone know what is going on with the moto cross track I picked me up a bad ass 1973 Yamaha sc 500 Scrambler can't wait to hit the track

That's pretty crappy to leave the drivers out of the mix that's what makes this class. So bluebyadude when is the next Mudd fest that you speak of. No Moto track that sucks so when will the rules be out trying to build a car for my grandson and I'm at a stopping point until rules are posted so can someone post something

Once again I really don't understand the need to change a rule package that had the largest car count of all classes,maybe a few modifications but aligning with a track that doesn't really provide any cars is pointless in my opinion (and before you say it yeah it really doesn't matter what my opinion is except that I've supported this track since it reopened 7-8 yrs. ago). I care about all classes and the future of OUR track in OUR backyard. now with Texana opening I'm going to go out on a limb and say you'll be very lucky if any cars come here when they can cut travel times by an hour! the next thing that will change will be you can't race in this class or that class because of this or that.

No limb to go out on as Texana did change things. If STP turns out to be the success I think it will two years down the road it will be their rules used like STXSSS rules are used now by all area tracks for street stocks.I bet when STS rules come out they won't be as radical a change as it started out to be.

I thought this issue had already been resolved??? Why is it brought back up again? What happened to the .480 @ 3400 lb, .450 @ 3300 lb that everyone seemed ok with? From what I understand SOS rules would cost a whole hell of a lot more than 2 cars, official rules aren't even out yet and still this sh!t keeps coming up. I think that was a fair compromise proposed, no one will need to do major changes and those with smaller cams can still race and will be just as competitive.

I also agree with why changing something that's worked for several years too and you know the SOS guys won't come down on a regular night, maybe 5 if you're lucky all year, about the same going up there on a regular night too. Pure Stocks aren't really a traveling class especially around $250-275 highest payout. I know we don't race for the money but it also doesn't help balance out the risk vs reward either.

Pure Stock ,what is that ? Sound like this class has really gotten out of hand ! As a new person to the track and not familiar with the rules ,I took this as a beginner class that someone could take a car off the street, remove windows and add safety stuff and go racing . I was really surprised at the last meeting when everyone was talking about high lift cams and doing this and that .I am sure you could ask some others and they think the same. I thought this was a beginner class but it sure doesn't sound like it. Most of these cars should step up a class to street stock ! I was parked next to a out of town pure stock at the Dec. race and looking at the car I thought it was a street stock but he went out with the Pures ! It looked like he had more money in that car than I do in a Limited Late Model . JMO but these classes have gotten away from the basics they started at . I am not trying to start anything just giving a outside opinion .Have fun see ya at the races.

Pure Stock ,what is that ? Sound like this class has really gotten out of hand ! As a new person to the track and not familiar with the rules ,I took this as a beginner class that someone could take a car off the street, remove windows and add safety stuff and go racing . I was really surprised at the last meeting when everyone was talking about high lift cams and doing this and that .I am sure you could ask some others and they think the same. I thought this was a beginner class but it sure doesn't sound like it. Most of these cars should step up a class to street stock ! I was parked next to a out of town pure stock at the Dec. race and looking at the car I thought it was a street stock but he went out with the Pures ! It looked like he had more money in that car than I do in a Limited Late Model . JMO but these classes have gotten away from the basics they started at . I am not trying to start anything just giving a outside opinion .Have fun see ya at the races.

this is what were trying to do take the high cost back out of it

Cblgdc, I agree with the monicker of "Pure Stock" and definitely little Pure Stock to them, at STS Sport Compacts are closer to that or the E-Mods outside of the Modified bodies. Think there are some things that make Pure Stocks borderline but 10k in a Pure Stock class, ya something not right there. May have about half that in my car starting from scratch buying everything needed and I'm sure with an experienced driver, my car would be competitive when completed, with me driving, it'll take awhile to get there. $10,000 in a "beginner class" unless you've had to rebuild a few times is a little excessive, you may as well run Street Stock for that. There's a top 5 car on here for sale, race ready for $4000-4500 so...

That being said I do think Pure Stock, E-Mods and Sport Compacts are all great "beginner classes" but they all have talented experienced drivers in their and don't think things are too far out of control, not at STS anyways. JMO

Archived