IMCA Hobby stock Drivers

dancer52

I kind of tried to do this last year.... I really like this class and want it to grow and be competitive.... Is anyone interested in getting together over the off season to discuss ideas? If you would like, I would be willing to have a meeting at my shop and show what I have done to my cars, and tell (and show) everything I have done to them....no topic would be off limits....we can even talk about driving style. I don't know everything (or anything according to some) but I would be willing to share what I do know to help the class and to bridge the gap between the cars.

If anyone is interested in building a hobby stock....this really is the cheapest (rwd) class to run....and by far the cheapest class you can travel with no rule differences.....

My idea is that if we all work together...we can all get faster and hopefully those cheating out of town cars wont win as much (just kidding about the cheating) we all have a long way to go to reach the point they are at....and it would help us all to pool our knowledge....I would like to have a class where we could have a different winner every night.... AJ

The reason this class hasn't grown much in texas is because there are too many other "stock" type of classes. Up north, you have the front wheel drive class, the hobby stocks, the IMCA stock cars (I stocks), then sportmods and mods. There arent all these other types of classes like pure stocks, street stock, stock stock, blah stock etc... The problem is promoters down here dont know any different and love having all these lower classes paying pit fees and buying concessions that they dont have to payout much prize money to. Until that changes, this class will struggle to grow.

• 1 month later...

The Class/meeting is this Saturday (jan 10th).... most of the current cbs drivers said they are coming.....if your interested in this class...and would like to attend, let me know...we will be discussing set up, car design, brake system....driving...pretty much anything someone has a question about.

• 2 months later...

Are you on facebook? There are alot for sale on the iowa and Kansas for sale pages at pretty good prices. Lots of people like dynamic and destroyer will build one in texas. My personal choice is in Nebraska. Www.chargerchassis.com Really reasonable on price and safe cars! Hope you find one, would love to see more and more hobby's!

Thanks guys for all the help and comments on helping me find a car> I got a chance to speek with AJ for a little while after Saturdat nights race. He answered alot of question you all seem to be top notch and willing to help so within the mont i hope i see you guys on the track.

Thanks again for all the help

Archived