T-shirt idea

tps48

i suppose a pink bunny instead of bone head be out of the question , some racers do bone head moves though so that may work out ........i like it ...have to order some for the family seeing we are joining you and thumper next season..and probably another car will come out of retirement .so the class is going to grow .............. mike am i right you are the last one racing who started with tida ...then i think your name should be added some where there in honorary ...you will be forty too ..

Yep, Hi-Tech, I am the lone survivor. Was racing mini stocks at Pan Am Speedway when Neil Upchurch came up with the idea of the TIDA and I joined then. Who knew it would turn out to be longest running racing series in Texas History! Looking forward to our 40th season. PaPosse, I was thinking something like that also.

ANYONE WHO THINKS MIKES NAME SHOULD BE ON THE SHIRT ..SAY I....

1975 I WAS IN THE OIL FIELD. LEAD MAN ON A RIG....HAD TO LEAVE RACING FOR THE BIG BUCKS .I THINK IT WAS $9.85 TO START BEAT THE HECK OUT OF THAT $1.00 AN HOUR I WAS MAKING.. ..BIG MONEY THEN SINGLE DRIVING A 67 GTO .THAT WAS LIFE .

MIKE DO YOU REMEMBER JIM MELHART ..

Just my thoughts Mike, I like the bottom print, I think it would look good as a small patch on the left front pocket and large patch on the back of a t-shirt, I'm not a fan of the skull, to me it just doesn't fit the "Texas Pro Sedan" theme, but you are "The Godfather" and only racing "Original Member" of 40 years, so if your getting the vibe people like it then OK, give the people what they want !!!!!!!

I will have to dig up my pile of old pictures from the early years and see if any are T-shirt worthy. Not many great photographers back then, not like today. If any body has an old pic they think might work, post it here. An old and new contrasting pics , then and now, might look good! Great idea there Rodney...have to look into that.

Mike Knotts: You have been a great and loyal member and I appreciate your supportive comments - however - the series first season was in 1976. That was one of the reasons I had #76 as my car number, which TPS members voted to retire at our Awards Dinner a few years ago.

A reminder ... the 2014 TPS Awards Dinner will be held on Sunday, January 25, 2015. See our initial post for original information which will be in an UPDATED and posted in a few weeks.

Btw: We all want to hear why Hi Tech can't again attend.

This post by the TPS Publications Department Director.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived