2015 Schedule

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It can work, a lot of the asphalt guys here travelled 3-4 hours to race at CTS and they all loved the experience. CTS went above and beyond to make sure the out of towners felt welcome. CCS had 4 events all season, CTS 8 or 9 and I don't think anyone made all the events at both tracks, but each track had a few go each way and that's in a Pure Stock class where we're lucky to get $200-250 to win. I know it's much cheaper to maintain a Pure Stock over a LM/LLM but still costs gas to haul a 3300-3400 lb car up and down a highway. I think the LLMs will support their class and I wish the Late Models can find the consistency to make their class viable again and maybe at some point, return. Mod drivers, I'd take note of this too since your car counts weren't much better than the Late Models so if y'all know of some sitting around, I'd suggest getting them back on the track because no class survives with low car count, especially one that requires a hefty purse in comparison to the other classes. The 10" Streets should be happy they still give you a place to race since Streets have adopted STSSS rules which apparently require 8" tires now so the ball is in your court. Again good luck to all of you and hopefully it works out for everyone.

I am IN no matter . I just wanna race...I don't have big pockets, and don't have much sponsorship. I do it for the drug....Addicted....Adrenaline.....I just bought my Limited Late Model last year, I made 9 races, finished every one I started, best finish was 3rd..I had a blast ! If I have to drive to STS every weekend to get my fix... I will... if Goliad is racing being its an hour closer from home, I will be there.I support both tracks for what they have done and will continue to do as long as I can afford it. STS is in the second year of new ownership,SOS is in their 5th.Give these guys a chance to run their tracks. we are at their mercy.Lets take what they give us and show them we can all get along and race with each other and put on good shows with good car counts. JMO.... B)

Now ive got a decision to make...another pure stock and have a few spare dollars or get back into the class i wish never left goliad...any LLM out there forsale? And where are the rules? And whats funny is i bought my first super stock rr for $4000 now cant even get a ps for that price...

This is nothing against Shady Oaks!! I think this is a great track, facility and owners. When this subject was brought up by Rusty earlier this season about racing at SOS because it was too far to drive to STS, it was said that this would split up the class and you didn't want that. Then it was said that you would drop down to the Street Stocks instead of racing at STS cause it costs too much. Take a vote among who knows who and don't get votes from the CC drivers and a few others. (Politics) You all are complaining about money which I know is tight but when I-37 shut down what did your bunch all want back then (A TRAVELING SERIES)!!!! I guess since both tracks are sharing dates and you all want to race SOS, now you can race 4 races during the season and save a bunch of money.

Oh Yeah, what about the LLM rules meeting that is suppose to happen..May get to see this one on Pay Preview!!

Shane,

I never said how the vote went. I only said it was almost unanimous and no one voted to race both tracks (which was the point). Think about what happened when this class was split before - I37 & STS. CC drivers rarely came to I37 and I37 drivers rarely went to STS. In case you've forgotten STS only had 4-6 cars, I 37 10 - 12 cars. When I37 closed we voted to go to STS even though SOS also invited us to race there. At the time my feeling was that if we went to STS it would combine the cars and give us a bigger car count, which it did, but not to the extent it should have. Some of the drivers just felt it was too far to drive to CC to race.

So now we've raced 2 years at STS at a huge expense to all of us that are from Pleasanton and north. In other words, let me put it real bluntly - we saved the class at STS (to their advantage and to our advantage).

As far as the people that want to race at SOS doing it for their own advantage...... of course they are, just as the people that want to race at STS are doing it for their own advantage. In fact, you even told me you wanted to race at STS because both tracks are equidistant from Pipe Creek, but the road is better to CC. That sounds like you were thinking about wear and tear on your truck. Some people might think that's pretty selfish especially those that are spending over $200 each time they drive to CC when Goliad would be 1/2 that. Maybe it's time for the CC area drivers to sacrifice a little and support the class in Goliad. Otherwise we will both witness the demise of our class.

Johnny,

Try counting the cars just in New Braunfels (5), then add the surrounding area (3). The point is only 2 of the 8 are racing at STS.

cblgdc,

They're not phantom, but you're right, they probably won't race at STS but I have it on good authority they will race at SOS. You might try getting those 6 - 8 phantom CC cars to come support SOS, then you might be able to shame them into racing STS. Hahahahahaha!

Rusty,

It's funny how the vote was unamimous and now we are racing both tracks, when you said no one voted like that. I think you should show who voted which way. That way we can see how many drivers did get to vote.

As far as expenses go I spend between $300-$450 depending on how many people come with me. I will pull anywhere I need to, to race and spend what i can to get there. I don't have very deep pockets put i do have a strong pasion to race. It is better for us to go to STS for the roads are better. Plus if you break down for what ever reason you have a better chance of getting help on the interstate than you do on some back road with no place to pull off the road. More places to eat and get fuel.

For 2 yrs now STS has told us bring your cars and come race regaurdless.

I also think that ALL LLM DRIVERS and DRIVERS ONLY Should revote and do it here in the Puplic so we can see the real vote and then we will go from there.

ALL LLM DRIVERS LEAVE YOUR NAME AND CAR # AND WHERE YOU WANT TO RACE.

SHANE MOORE #18 STS

Shane,

I will be new to the class next year but I have raced for a couple of years in different classes and at a couple of different tracks. How is adding a second track with the opportunity to pick up more cars going to kill the class? Also, the class had 7 - 8 cars at STS at the end of the year. That would make me more nervous about the class coming to an end than adding a second track. SOS had more than that show up at the last race. We have two tracks to race at which will not conflict with each other. The Promoters worked it out so apparently they are happy with it. What a great opportunity. We all better take advantage of it or we won't have anywhere to race. Hopefully I will see you at both tracks next year because we will be there.

Well look at it this way...you dont have to run at sos if choose not to...that just means this year you will have 0 pts for those 4 races...and if not many cars make sos they may drop class next year...to me it sounds like peopke need to use the phone and not this forum to get issues accomplished...good luck to class..personally glad to see them back at sos and wish they would have never left bc id still have mine...look at it this way you dont have to sell your cars!!!

I guess if you are happy with only four races at each track that's fine, but I am definitely not and I know I speak for others as well. The idea is to race more, not less. As far as big shows are concerned they would probably let us run them if cars would actually show up, but it's difficult to ask a track to include us in the big shows with only eight or ten cars fully committed.

Archived